St.Johnstone v Ross County - Saturday 12th May

SaintJet

Final game of a long and at times frustrating season. Not sure about what attendance will be there tomorrow although Ross should have a decent turn out for their last throw of the dice.

Team should be on the same lines as last week at 'Well with maybe young Hendry starting in place of Macca.

I've been to a few last day relegation parties so I hope we can show some class and not sing that infernal "going down, Going down , going down" to our visitors although they have done nothing to help themselves after the split.

Fosters apparently unlikely to play as suspensions will carry over into next season. Not sure if anyone else is in a similar position. 

Willock ruled out with injury. 

Mannus confirmed to start and Millar to "feature" 

Obvious changes are Mannus for Clark and Comrie for Foster. Wouldn't mind Gordon retaining his place, and a start for McCann. Would be fun to see McMillan and Hendry as a front two aswell. 

I'd plump for.. 

Mannus

Comrie - Kerr - Gordon - Shaughnessy - Tanser

Davidson - McCann

Scougall

Hendry - McMillan 

But I doubt it'll be anything like that. 

Surely we should be winning this game.  This season as been awful. No entertainment for me.

Im in the not bothered camp for this.  I hope those leaving put all they have into thid and not just breeze through it.

County deserve to go down, they are shambolic, cheating their fans with no purpose.  

46 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Surely we should be winning this game.  This season as been awful. No entertainment for me.

Im in the not bothered camp for this.  I hope those leaving put all they have into thid and not just breeze through it.

County deserve to go down, they are shambolic, cheating their fans with no purpose.  

Tbf seasons been very entertaining away from McDiarmid, home games have been awful though, even the wins have been poor affairs. 

44 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Saints should open the gates 10 minutes from time and let anyone in that can’t manage the game for whatever reason to say one last huge thank you to our departing hero’s.

Surprised that the club didn't think about a "pay what you want" for this game and try to garner a bit more interest for what is a pretty meaningless game for home fans.  Oh wait.....................................................................

Pity, cause wouldn't like him to come on and then have to go off again injured , thus unsettling the formation and handing County a lifeline.

Thought I read Tommy would be fielding his strongest side, in fairness to Partick.

Cameo 5mins at the end for Midge then.

C.o.y.s.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Tbf seasons been very entertaining away from McDiarmid, home games have been awful though, even the wins have been poor affairs. 

Only managed 1 away game to Coatbridge, but i guessed this be the case.  Season ticket has me at this one. 

Would be good to finish 7th, we are some distance of being a top 6 team, so to finish above Well (2 x semi finalists) would help the purse strings and be a credit to the team spirit after a very poor spell for the winter period.

And to think we topped the table on 2 different weekends at start of season and sitting well before our slump.. what the season could have given...

2017-09-24 00.02.49.png

Not sure Tommy  would risk an unnecessary sub goalie, Mannus may well be subbed depends how the game pans out, likewise with Midge. Make no mistake Tommy will be trying to win the game, with goal difference of only -2 on Motherwell then 7th place is not out of the question and Stevie Brown will have made that clear. I would imagine the players end of season bonus is also reflective of final placing. Above all saints should be trying to impress the fans at home, as the games at McD this season have been largely poor and forgettable bar the first month.

2 hours ago, Markinch Saint said:

Not sure Tommy  would risk an unnecessary sub goalie, Mannus may well be subbed depends how the game pans out, likewise with Midge. Make no mistake Tommy will be trying to win the game, with goal difference of only -2 on Motherwell then 7th place is not out of the question and Stevie Brown will have made that clear. I would imagine the players end of season bonus is also reflective of final placing. Above all saints should be trying to impress the fans at home, as the games at McD this season have been largely poor and forgettable bar the first month.

Five nil saints it is then.

3 hours ago, Markinch Saint said:

This. Final home game can have more of an influence on season ticket sales than you'd maybe imagine.