Betfred Cup

jhq

32 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Do we know when the match draw will take place?

The "week commencing June 4th" is all the information you get. By the time they work out the fixtures then the televised games get decided. 

First match is July 14th.

Draw is at 6:30 on Friday night, live on BT Sport 2, they had a live stream on FB last year I'm sure but it's not been advertised yet. 

We're in the North Section, as Seeds 1.

We will get one out of Dundee United, Inverness, Falkirk and Dunfermline. 

Then three from Brechin, Raith, Alloa, Arbroath, East Fife, Forfar, Montrose, Peterhead, Stirling, Elgin, Cowdenbeath and Cove. 

I think I want United, Stirling, Cove and one of Alloa, Montrose, Peterhead or Elgin, as I've not been to those four grounds. 

5 minutes ago, byebyedundee said:

So what’s the qualification . Top 2 ? then when do the top four come into it does anyone know 

https://spfl.co.uk/league-cup/format/

"The eight group winners and four best runners-up progress to the second round, where they are joined by the four clubs competing in Europe"

They haven't updated the text for this season but that should answer your question. 

21 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

"The eight group winners and four best runners-up progress to the second round, where they are joined by the four clubs competing in Europe"

They haven't updated the text for this season but that should answer your question. 

Appreciate the update

Good draw, never been to Links Park and Forfar is always a good trip. 

The regionalisation of the tournament is completely unnecessary, and I imagine could result in regular match ups between the same teams which would limit its appeal.  We had Falkirk at home 2 seasons ago, so at least a reversal of the fixture.

Expect Falkirk will be much tougher opponents this time round.

On 26/05/2018 at 12:11 AM, PauloPerth said:

Good draw, never been to Links Park and Forfar is always a good trip. 

The regionalisation of the tournament is completely unnecessary, and I imagine could result in regular match ups between the same teams which would limit its appeal.  We had Falkirk at home 2 seasons ago, so at least a reversal of the fixture.

Expect Falkirk will be much tougher opponents this time round.

Falkirk won their group last year before falling to Livi in the next round.

Bring 'em on.

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, garydavidson said:

Yeah I wouldn't imagine it's changed since last time we were involved. And remember if a match ends in a draw they have a penalty shootout where the winner gets an extra point.

I enjoyed it last time and am looking forward to it again this summer. Especially if Bobby Madden is the ref when we play Falkirk. 

1 hour ago, ScottMann said:

Why would Falkirk be stronger? They've plummeted from 2nd top to 3rd bottom.

Tbf their final position was mostly Houston? Think the table from when Hartley was in charge had them top four. 

I doubt we'll be handed a couple of penalties either. 

20 hours ago, ScottMann said:

Why would Falkirk be stronger? They've plummeted from 2nd top to 3rd bottom.

Both the reasons quoted above. The 3 (?) penalties we were given killed the game as a contest, plus they started the competition shite that season, losing to Stirling I think it was prior to playing us.  

But no, I don't know a lot about their transfer activity, but would expect they'll give us more of a game than last time.