Irn-Bru Cup

HOODLUM65

2 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I think DU are playing a reserve side, so if anything we should probably be favourites for this. Would be Braw to play a team from rUK in a later round. Can anyone remember when we last played an rUK side competitively? 

what's rUK?

1 minute ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I think DU are playing a reserve side, so if anything we should probably be favourites for this. Would be Braw to play a team from rUK in a later round. Can anyone remember when we last played an rUK side competitively? 

Would be the Texaco Cup, or whatever it was called at the time, in the seventies I guess? Ipswich maybe?

I think the United team will be too strong as they'll certainly have more first team experience but should be a good test for the older ones in the reserves squad.

Real shame the lack of coverage from the club.

Agree Radford. United will play the guys from the first team that need game time. We will have 2 or 3 overage players and the rest from the previous U20 squad. Remember how young our U20's were anyway. Mainly 16/17/18 year olds I think. Still be good experience for them. Wait to see the coverage from the club if they win! Everyone will want a piece of it then.