World Cup 2018

Abernethy Saint

Are the commentators positions really bad that is now 2 goals that the BBC have awarded which to my (admittedly dodgy and speccy ) eyes were clearly into the side netting. This incompetence together with their jingoistic Engurland shite is seriously putting me off this World Cup on the BBC. Also Neville not knowing Uruguay have won the World Cup is out of order.

Edited by ejksjfc
add

7 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

Are the commentators positions really bad that is now 2 goals that the BBC have awarded which to my (admittedly dodgy and speccy ) eyes were clearly into the side netting. This incompetence together with their jingoistic Engurland shite is seriously putting me off this World Cup on the BBC. Also Neville not knowing Uruguay have won the World Cup is out of order.

Why watch the shyte, or at least turn the sound down, think i have watched about 20 mins of it 

Wee puzzle for the rules experts on here after Germany's last gasp winner against Sweden.  If Germany and Sweden both win their last game 1 - 0  this group will have 3 teams on 6 points all with 3 - 2 goal difference and each one with a 1 - 0 win against one of the others.

Who goes through?

27 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

See top of page 43. Would go to results of games between the teams concerned, ie a mini league. That being equal in all the usual respects, it then goes to disciplinary record, then drawing lots.

Cant get that to link, google the title.

1875421_DOWNLOAD.pdf

1875421_DOWNLOAD.pdf

That would be Germany buggered then unless there are more red cards in the 3rd round of games.

7 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Mon Panama do it for the Captain. 

Have to say I'm getting a wee bit worried about Engerland, not jumping out the window yet but they do seem to be doing better than the likes of Brazil and Germany when it comes to seeing off park the bus opponents.

I've already written off the round of 16 but hopefully when they get to the quarters they will meet someone who will "get it right up them".

16 hours ago, south inch said:

Have to say I'm getting a wee bit worried about Engerland, not jumping out the window yet but they do seem to be doing better than the likes of Brazil and Germany when it comes to seeing off park the bus opponents.

I've already written off the round of 16 but hopefully when they get to the quarters they will meet someone who will "get it right up them".

Written of the round of 16? Colombia will destroy that English defence.

1 hour ago, cristo said:

Written of the round of 16? Colombia will destroy that English defence.

I don't mind who destroys the English defence, I am not biased.  However, Columbia are not presently in a qualifying spot so there could be a wee problem there.

Also, in between creaming themselves over how good Ingerland are, Gary and co. have started to wonder whether 1st or 2nd spot in their Group would give them the best chance of progressing.  Strange given we are being told the competition is over but the buggers are last up to play so they could play tactically if they are capable of doing so!

4 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Anither reason to support Belguim ex Saint Graeme Jones is there assistant Manager. 

Good point.  Not so sure Belgium want to win tonight though.  Their Manager has said he is not bothered about winning the Group and hinted he might rest one or two regulars (de Brunye?) tonight.  Also, he says Lukaku has not thrown off the effects of an injury sustained in their last game.  He needs another day or two of rest apparently! 

Southgate on the other hand says he wants to win the Group and is not thinking ahead to the KO stages.  Well if he realises that finishing 1st puts Ingerland in the same half of the draw as Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina good for him!

Well got to say Southgate won the tactics battle hands down.  Made all the right noises leaving Martinez to come out and say he intends to rest players first then does exactly the same thing himself.

Martinez seemed to be doing fine, his players were picking up bookings early so that a draw would not be a problem and of course he had a trump card - he had left Boyata in the team with every expectation that he would be himself.  And what happens?  The bugger goes and plays a blinder.  When Belgium scored Martinez produced the face managers usually reserve for when a striker misses a golden chance in the last minute!