2018/2019 Fixtures announcement

jhq

Fixtures for next season 2018/2019 will be announced this Friday, 15 June 2018.  Over the years we seem to have had more than our fair share of away games on the first day of the season.  As I'm in an optimistic mood this morning, I'm going to have a wee guess that we will be given a home game to start with this year against Aberdeen.  

7 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Looking forward to the away days at Livi and St Mirren.

St Mirren yes, Livingston not so much - I hate plastic pitches.  Firmly believe they should not be allowed in the top flight.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, jhq said:

Fixtures for next season 2018/2019 will be announced this Friday, 15 June 2018.  Over the years we seem to have had more than our fair share of away games on the first day of the season.  As I'm in an optimistic mood this morning, I'm going to have a wee guess that we will be given a home game to start with this year against Aberdeen.  

Today's the day.

On 12/06/2018 at 8:52 AM, jhq said:

St Mirren yes, Livingston not so much - I hate plastic pitches.  Firmly believe they should not be allowed in the top flight.

19 minutes ago, ejksjfc said:

Livi’s not a plastic pitch is it?

It’s a Grass surface  with under soil heating according to their website

Away to St Mirren on boxing day & away to Dundee 3 days before new year.

2away games over festive season. Why could the winter break not start on 2nd & give us a decent set of games over festive season.

SPFL really are trying to **** Scottish football.

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Away to St Mirren on boxing day & away to Dundee 3 days before new year.

2away games over festive season. Why could the winter break not start on 2nd & give us a decent set of games over festive season.

SPFL really are trying to **** Scottish football.

Exactly. Very unfair to have 2 away games in the holiday period when crowds are up. Should definitely be a game on 1st or 2nd January as well before the split. 

And st Mirren on Boxing Day is a major damp squib.

Killie away again as an opener is an awkward one, be hoping for at least a point going into Hibs at home the following week.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Just looked at Official site fixtures for 2018/19.

Shows all of 2017/18 season fixtures and results plus one upcoming game.

Midge's testimonial.

I did this last week on official site or is it official shite... only just seen the above fixture list on this thread.  Cheers for making read so easy.

We need points on the board as early as possible to buffer the few points we'll pick up on a very difficult run of games Aberdeen Rangers Hearts Celtic!  

1 hour ago, Radford 72 said:

One of the tasks assigned to the new Ross is meant to be the website. Everything will be sorted then... In between doing the social media, YouTube, editing the programme, creating a supporter database, marketing...

I don't think they are interested in the website. Social media is the way it is going. Unfortunately I am a still getting my news from newspapers.

2 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

One of the tasks assigned to the new Ross is meant to be the website. Everything will be sorted then... In between doing the social media, YouTube, editing the programme, creating a supporter database, marketing...

1 full time person with a couple of trainees/placements will improve what we've had 1 million percent. It's a move in the right direction.