Stevie May on loan

S81NTY

Not another transfer window where Stevie's name's been mentioned, Mickey as well all we need is Danny's name and we get the normal talk during transfer window, well Stevie's I imagine is not in the country as he is enjoying his honeymoon probably as got married a few weeks ago, don't think Aberdeen will shell out that kind of money to drop the lad after a season,

He was used poorly by Aberdeen, tbf to him. Left isolated as a lone striker for the majority. I might be misremembering but he struggled with us during a few month spell when MacLean was out and he was played alone up top. Other times he was punted on the left and told to beat full backs, that's not his game. 

Aberdeen linked with Kenny Miller and some fan on P&B reckons they're being linked with Louis Moult aswell. Can see a first choice striker making way is they get both. So it would be Rooney or May who's available. 

I'd rather May, but I'm biased 

Edited by RandomGuy

4 minutes ago, dave mc said:

He was punted to the left at Ibrox in the semi,it changed the game,so he could play there at one time

I can't remember many other instances of him playing well out there, but I can't remember every game that season, nor did I go to every game. 

1 hour ago, Abernethy Saint said:

He scored quite a few cutting in from the left and shooting early. But I think defences got wise to it.

That's my recollection.

Maybre Hearts would be his best bet & team up with Macca again. Seems to be the only combination that works for him.

Edited by Cagey

2 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

He scored quite a few cutting in from the left and shooting early. But I think defences got wise to it.

Did he play there though? I always remember him starting up front and peeling over to that side to get balls into the channel. Different situation to be an out and out left winger.