New Assistant Manager required

Honest Saints Fan

1 minute ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Its pretty much the only credible Saints related journalist who has reported it so I'd side withit being true.

Yeah,now that I see ghosties post.

Might not be a bad thing for Saints. Maybe freshen the place up a bit.

Guest ScottMann

Jeez Radford. That's the worst bait ever!

I agree it's a good opportunity to bring in some totally fresh blood with fresh ideas. Clelland it'll be then.

I would think the proper way ( doesn't  always happen in football) way to do it would be to promote Clelland and bring in someone like Dave McKay/ Wright/ Sheerin type ex Saint to fill that role

I should imagine this is the route we will see Saints taking 

If the story is true in first place 

Do folk not feel a fresh face could benefit us at the moment, rather than someone who the players are (too) comfortable with? Some new training methods and a new face to impress would be no bad thing.

I hope the appointment is external. The vacancy opens up the option of bringing in a player/coach, which is an interesting possibility to explore.

23 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

Do folk not feel a fresh face could benefit us at the moment, rather than someone who the players are (too) comfortable with? Some new training methods and a new face to impress would be no bad thing.

I hope the appointment is external. The vacancy opens up the option of bringing in a player/coach, which is an interesting possibility to explore.

This should be the way Saints should look at it

But it's Saints, safe and boring without taking risks is the way they'll go.

34 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

9 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

This should be the way Saints should look at it

But it's Saints, safe and boring without taking risks is the way they'll go.

Do you really think the training techniques of Davidson would be that much different from most other coaches. The UEFA licenses standardise the approach.

I think cuptie would be the favourite.

Coaches will surely have their own independent thoughts on top of what they are taught. I can't believe if you travel round all the clubs in Scotland that the players will be doing exclusively the same drills.

I don't think anyone is talking about reinventing the wheel here, just something to keep a very settled squad on their toes.

Dave Mackay - who although returning to FT football would be giving up being his own man - wouldn't be the worst appointment but there is a big world out there outside of people who have played for Saints. I would hope TW at least asks the question of someone like Billy McKinlay, who is out of work just now. Clearly ambitious but better that then just saying "there you go" to Alec Cleland.

Thankfully Darren Jackson is off the market but feel free to add to the list of people who shouldn't be considered:

• Billy Dodds

Club will need to move quickly with pre-season just around the corner but hopefully this has been bubbling in the background for a while.

59 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

Coaches will surely have their own independent thoughts on top of what they are taught. I can't believe if you travel round all the clubs in Scotland that the players will be doing exclusively the same drills.

I don't think anyone is talking about reinventing the wheel here, just something to keep a very settled squad on their toes.

Dave Mackay - who although returning to FT football would be giving up being his own man - wouldn't be the worst appointment but there is a big world out there outside of people who have played for Saints. I would hope TW at least asks the question of someone like Billy McKinlay, who is out of work just now. Clearly ambitious but better that then just saying "there you go" to Alec Cleland.

Thankfully Darren Jackson is off the market but feel free to add to the list of people who shouldn't be considered:

• Billy Dodds

Club will need to move quickly with pre-season just around the corner but hopefully this has been bubbling in the background for a while.

It could also be a way of getting someone like Kenny miller in on a playing and coaching role at the club.

4 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

Quite agree Radford, it has become a very comfy situation from where I sit (not in the tannoy box fortunately so I can speak my mind now....) but be honest, on the sort of peanuts we pay all we are going to get are monkeys. Cuptie and Fraz are very happy at the Binos so don't see them making the trek back up the A9 either so it is likely to be Clelland doing a double job as that is all the club will pay for. The belt is getting tightened so much now that the amount of money in the bank is becoming embarrassing and all we seem to sign are the left-overs nobody else wants. I would love to be proved wrong but can't see it happening under the current regime

Edited by Kevin