New Assistant Manager required

Honest Saints Fan

4 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I would think the proper way ( doesn't  always happen in football) way to do it would be to promote Clelland and bring in someone like Dave McKay/ Wright/ Sheerin type ex Saint to fill that role

I should imagine this is the route we will see Saints taking 

If the story is true in first place 

Agree with this. I would imagine that if it is not clelland, then justifiably, he’d wonder what his future is and maybe want to leave too.

Craig Brewster might be another potential if it is no not be from within.

Someone like Jim Duffy would have bags of experience, but I doubt he’d be suited to be Tommy’s assistant.

I would imagine Chairman Broon, will go for the most cost effective route, which may not be the best route for the ongoing development of the team, he makes the decisions and is bombproof. Paul Sheerin for me.

Edited by GMac

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

If it had happened a month ago then it could have seen Clelland moving up with Midge taking Cllland role. Or Craig.

It is the Brown way. The most economical option.

I doubt if Midge would have been promoted into that role. macca yes. As for  Liam he has been busy doing his a license at the oriam over the summer break.

12 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Can't see Saints offering more bucks than the Dons to entice him sadly.

Neither can I.
Plus they've moved out of Perth and stay in Dundee now. 
A combination of being a bit closer commute for him and easier for his young family who do a lot of country dancing in the Dundee area.

Guest ScottMann

I really don't see how anyone can see this as anything other than Callum moving on to a bigger, better job, just as happened when he left us as a player. Good luck to the guy.

15 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

I really don't see how anyone can see this as anything other than Callum moving on to a bigger, better job, just as happened when he left us as a player. Good luck to the guy.

Sorry, but that's just not the kind of sensible stuff we post on here. Chairman's fault for instigating the move. 

Guest ScottMann
26 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Come now, you have posted on here long enough to know :)

He he! You're not wrong.

21 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Sorry, but that's just not the kind of sensible stuff we post on here. Chairman's fault for instigating the move. 

I'm no fan of the Chairman but criticism for the likes of this just dilutes any real criticism. 

23 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Now then, with everything else that is going on (sic), could this be a sign that we are cost cutting further, and that Callum was encouraged to depart. We might not even appoint a No 2 but if we do it will come from within the club, thus saving some more. :sad:

Even a political spin doctor would have struggled to have put the spin on Callum possibly getting a new job being down to the chairman :laugh:

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Goalkeeping coach Paul Mathers also away apparently, Sunderland bound. 

TW absolutely raging about the way Jack Ross has gone about it. Apparently spoke directly to Mathers and hasn't even spoken to Wright about going for one of his staff members. 

I am sure if that happened a month ago we might have got Alexander as goalkeeper coach.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Goalkeeping coach Paul Mathers also away apparently, Sunderland bound. 

TW absolutely raging about the way Jack Ross has gone about it. Apparently spoke directly to Mathers and hasn't even spoken to Wright about going for one of his staff members. 

he does not say he is away and actually says he is hopeful that he will still stay and that he had just signed a new contract 10 days ago following an approach from Dundee United.

17 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I am sure if that happened a month ago we might have got Alexander as goalkeeper coach.

former Saint Lindsay Hamilton is making a name for himself as a goalkeeping coach these days. With Albion Rovers and Scotland under age teams. possible shout if mathers does go.

Guest ScottMann

So Saints had an official approach from Dundee United for Paul Mathers, turned them down and he signed a new deal with us. It would have been good to hear this when it happened but it does show that, surprise surprise, the club hasn't actually been shut down for the last month as some would have you believe.