New Assistant Manager required

Honest Saints Fan

12 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

So Saints had an official approach from Dundee United for Paul Mathers, turned them down and he signed a new deal with us. It would have been good to hear this when it happened but it does show that, surprise surprise, the club hasn't actually been shut down for the last month as some would have you believe.

Doesn't say we turned them down just says that there was an official approach and he got a new contract. So maybe he spoke to them but stayed at Saints.

13 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

So Saints had an official approach from Dundee United for Paul Mathers, turned them down and he signed a new deal with us. It would have been good to hear this when it happened but it does show that, surprise surprise, the club hasn't actually been shut down for the last month as some would have you believe.

Tommy blasts Jack Ross for a unofficial approach to Paul Mathers

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Can we not stretch the net a little wider than coaches that have previously played for Saints? Albion Rovers conceded more goals than most in the Scottish leagues last season as well.

Think someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning :shock:

Of course we can, no one has ever said that we should not look further afield. I have no doubt the manager, as an ex goalie will be well placed to consider the best option if mathers does leave. It was simply an observation that there are goalkeeping coaches out there.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Goalkeeping coach Paul Mathers also away apparently, Sunderland bound. 

TW absolutely raging about the way Jack Ross has gone about it. Apparently spoke directly to Mathers and hasn't even spoken to Wright about going for one of his staff members. 

Not sure if the Sunderland fans will be impressed at all the nonentity Scots that Ross is targeting.

1 hour ago, ScottMann said:

It was reported somewhere as I knew about it.

On 20/06/2018 at 7:43 AM, RandomGuy said:

Goalkeeping coach Paul Mathers also away apparently, Sunderland bound. 

TW absolutely raging about the way Jack Ross has gone about it. Apparently spoke directly to Mathers and hasn't even spoken to Wright about going for one of his staff members. 

The club have now confirmed that he is remaining at Saints as head of goalkeeping. 

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Unofficial Twitter has quotes from TW saying it'll be someone from outside the club. 

I wouldn't say he ruled out Cleland being assistant. He just, pretty obviously, said he'll need on bring someone new into the coaching structure, which he hinted might be altering. I think the club will need a full-time U18s coach as part of Project Brave.

Maybe @sevcozombie2 can confirm who is coaching them at the moment? Certainly don't have much faith in the club themselves doing so, or even telling us who the players are!

8 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

I wouldn't say he ruled out Cleland being assistant. He just, pretty obviously, said he'll need on bring someone new into the coaching structure, which he hinted might be altering. I think the club will need a full-time U18s coach as part of Project Brave.

@sevcozombie2

Ah, that would be disappointing. 

42 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

As a lot of people have mentioned in the thread a new assistant might be a chance for a fresh approach. Cleland is somewhat institutionalised. 

Cleland has clearly been a part of our success over the last few years.  He  should at least be considered.  Maybe there is a better candidate out there but I wouldn't say Cleland getting it would be the worst news. 

I find it really odd that the news about Callum Davidson leaving is buried halfway down an article on the official website about players returning to training. Combined with the news about the kit announcement being at the bottom of a piece about sponsorship, and the lack of info on pre-season matches, there are some very strange editorial decisions being made on there at the moment. It's almost as if they don't want us to know things/buy stuff/support them.

8 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I find it really odd that the news about Callum Davidson leaving is buried halfway down an article on the official website about players returning to training. Combined with the news about the kit announcement being at the bottom of a piece about sponsorship, and the lack of info on pre-season matches, there are some very strange editorial decisions being made on there at the moment. It's almost as if they don't want us to know things/buy stuff/support them.

All part of a Dickensian model of leadership.