MOTM: Game 3 Saints 1 Falkirk 0 League Cup 24/7/18

garydavidson

Who was your man of the match v Falkirk?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match v Falkirk?

• Zander Clark
    • Richard Foster
    • Liam Gordon
    • Steven Anderson
    • Scott Tanser
    • Drey Wright
    • Murray Davidson
    • Liam Craig
    • David Wotherspoon
    • Stefan Scougall
    • Tony Watt
    • Kyle McClean
    • David McMillan
    • Matthew/Matty Kennedy

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/28/2018 at 02:00 PM

Thought that Scougall and Foster were contenders but went for Drey Wright who not only looked good going forward but also was impressive at getting back to defend and used his pace to great effect.

Ando was also very effective and with Kerr and Gordon ( in my mind a future Saints captain) in the mix this year think it will help Ando focus and not be an automatic choice.

Opted for Wright. Granted the opposition isn't top flight but he seems to have all the attributed to be a success at Saints. But Gordon was fantastic at the back, is really turning into a solid centre half. Much more composed than Ando. Sure he's probably got the odd clanger 8n him due to inexperience but great to see the young players coming through.

Also thought McClean did really well after coming on.  

Watt does seem to have a temper. unfortunately I can see him getting a few silly yellows. But if he stays the Macca side of naughty we can have no complaints.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Liam Gordon . feckin awesome.

I am biased as I have been shouting for him to be played all last season.

As my guest said Ando is a bombscare..

thought Ando had a good game in fact the back 5 were fantastic.

I get more impressed by Gordon everytime i see him, i really like Kerr too but i think Gordon just edges it which is weird since Kerr has the u21 caps and looked like Tommys pick of the 2

I also thought Anderson was good. @541ntees

Came in with a point to prove last night and very much did so. Looks like there is going to be really strong competition at centre back which should hopefully bring the best out of all of them. Given the fact one has over 400 appearances and the other was only making his tenth start for the club, it's hard not to be impressed again by Liam Gordon though. I gave him my vote against East Fife and Montrose and think he gets it again here.

Others again showed up in spells. Wright totally fell out of the game in the second half but did well before half-time and Scougall was much improved on the East Fife game. Could take him time to regain sharpness. Foster had a slow start to last season and arguably never really recovered but it's been much better this time round. Hopefully we see the player we had in 2016/17. That's some look he's got going on as well. Abel Xavier lives on.

Find it really hard to decide these days :lol:

Not really got much to add to what's been said tbh. Anderson certainly wasn't poor though, won almost everything that came his way, including against the six foot, eighteen stone, blob that appeared up front for them late on. He also seems a bit better on the ball. He seems to get a hell of a stick for just putting the ball out of play instead of trying to find a pass when under heavy pressure though, so assume that's why people call him a bombscare. 

Gordon probably MOM though, has it all. Shown he's physical enough hut up against a faster striker he proved he can read the game aswell. Only worry with him is the few incidents when he overplayed it, once passing along the face of goal to Clark, when there was a striker virtually on top of the keeper. 

For the second game in a row, I voted for Perth's answer to Franz Beckenbauer.

Liam Gordon strolled through the game and it makes us look a decent footballing side when we have two centre backs (Jason Kerr being the other) who are comfortable on the ball and can play it forward along the deck.

Tommy has some big decisions to make when the league campaign starts.

Result:

3 points Liam Gordon 21 votes 51% of vote

2 points Stefan Scougall 10 votes 26 % of vote

1 point Richard Foster + Drey Wright 3 votes 8% of vote

Standings after 3 games

8 points : Liam Gordon

3 points : Drey Wright

2 points: Liam Craig + Stefan Scougall

1 point Zander Clark  + Richard Foster + Drey Wright