Saints Mentioned in "Strange Sports Branding"

fazman1977

I often see that kit pop up on online lists of sponsors that get sniggered at - but I'm fairly sure that at the time that word wasn't something anyone ever used in that context. Or maybe I just think that because I was only 9 or 10 at the time. Can anyone who was an adult during that era confirm?

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I often see that kit pop up on online lists of sponsors that get sniggered at - but I'm fairly sure that at the time that word wasn't something anyone ever used in that context. Or maybe I just think that because I was only 9 or 10 at the time. Can anyone who was an adult during that era confirm?

By the time in high school in the mid 90s it certainly was. Did a talk in English on Saints and got quite the laugh when I displayed that top.

19 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I was a teenager then and I think you're right, I don't remember anyone ever mentioning it. I think it was likes of beavis and butthead/ American comedies that brought talk of "boners" into being.

Edited by PauloPerth