Forfar Athletic v St Johnstone Saturday 28 July 2018 League Cup Group Game 4

Radford 72

Saints need to avoid defeat tomorrow to top the group. A win offers a good opportunity to be seeded in the last sixteen draw, which takes place on Sunday.

An artificial pitch so I'd expect Anderson not to start but would think Alston will come back into the midfield. Fitness permitting, I'd think the manager will want to give Kennedy a good run and there will be no let up in pushing Watt towards full fitness. Likely back to 4-4-2 on what could be a sticky pitch.

Clark

Foster - Gordon - Kerr - Tanser

Wright - Alston - Davidson - Kennedy

McMillan - Watt

I know it’s early in the season and ideally you should be trying things,  but the Watt/McMillan front two just didn’t work at Montrose. The performance only improved when Alston moved in behind McMillan so I feel either Alston or Scougall have to be in there with one of Watt/McMillan.

The win is obviously the priority, to guarantee a place in the next round firstly, and preferably also a seeded one, but I'd also like to see us get a few goals. 

Its been the only thing missing so far, as performances have shown a steady improvement over the three games; but 2 goals in 3 games against lower league teams isn't great.

I'd also like a more comfortable end to the match! Montrose hitting the bar twice in the last 10 minutes and Falkirk having a corner and shot saved deep in injury time nearly cost us points in matches we should have had wrapped up by then.

Clark

Foster Gordon Kerr Tanser

Wright Davidson Craig Kennedy

Watt  Macmillan

picking Kerr purely cos it's Astro and to protect Anderson after a first game of the season on Tuesday. Anderson played well I thought, so equally happy if he stays in the starting eleven.