Kilmarnock v St Johnstone Saturday 4 August 2018 Premiership

Radford 72

35 minutes ago, Norsaint said:

Too much fear in that formation. Kilmarnock 9 shots to Saints 1. Now a goal down so time to change.

St Johnstone nil. Sounds familiar.

Thought the lineup was a bit negative when I saw it but that is the way Tommy does it.

Killie have not had a great start of season struggled to get a draw to St Mirren & 2_0 down to lower division club before coming back to win 3_2. This would suggest they are not great defensively & we don't go at them by the looks of it.

1 minute ago, 17May said:

Exactly this. Couldn't string 2 passes together

That's what I heard.

I get we are wanting to wait for the right player and there is a longer game to be played, but when waiting starts costing points now, I get frustrated. 

Doubly so when its a position we have needed filled for circ 3 years.

7 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Really don't understand why folk go on about formations saying they are negative. Sorry but 3 at the back with wing backs is anything but negative just look at some of the teams that play that formation. 

First game of the season long long way to go. 

We were using wing-backs? Where were Kennedy and Wright playing then?

21 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Really don't understand why folk go on about formations saying they are negative. Sorry but 3 at the back with wing backs is anything but negative just look at some of the teams that play that formation. 

First game of the season long long way to go. 

We have played 4 games & a couple of friendlies & have played a back 5.

If Tommy knew,which he should, that Foster was banned he should have played Comrie in Forfar game . To put a guy that plays about 3 games a season up against ,on his day the best winger in Scotland is poor.

By the way it wasn't a back 3 but a back 5 & worries about Jones may have been the reason.

31 minutes ago, Cagey said:

We have played 4 games & a couple of friendlies & have played a back 5.

If Tommy knew,which he should, that Foster was banned he should have played Comrie in Forfar game . To put a guy that plays about 3 games a season up against ,on his day the best winger in Scotland is poor.

By the way it wasn't a back 3 but a back 5 & worries about Jones may have been the reason.

Should have been back 4 not back 5but wouldn't let me edit.

It's hard to know what the intentions were with the formation but I doubt the manager wanted Wright and Kennedy camped 30 yards from our goal. It left Tony Watt completely isolated and without anyone willing to put their foot on the ball, it was just shelled up at him and kept coming back.

We need a player in the mould of those that have been the basis of our best sides over the past two decades: Dasovic, Morris and Millar. I take no pleasure in saying this but Wotherspoon just won't do in there. If getting the right player means cutting him, Alston or Craig then so be it.

Today was rotten but let's at least see where we are when the window closes and the new players are settled before going into full wallow mode.

I didn't attend today and was a bit worried earlier this week when it became apparent that no one had figured out that Foster (who has been playing well of late) was suspended for today. The messing around with formation and personnel was merely blind panic that comrie was going to be given a 90 minute roasting by Jones, again.

I would also argue that a new team that was gelling shouldn't be tinkered with like he could with older experienced squads of the past.

The games gets filed away as a management team mess up. Anyway its not as if our seasons get measured against how we compete with the likes of Killie. :roll: