St Johnstone v Hibernian Sunday 12 August 2018 Premiership

Radford 72

1 hour ago, Kilgour said:

Quite annoyed and surprised to hear ex-Hibby Michael Stewart saying on Sportscene that Hibs were "a considerable distance ahead of Saints" in that match.Mind you after applauding a couple of Laidlaw saves and Ambroses block on the line ..Saints were only credited with one shot on target

Don't think anyone could disagree with his comment.  Saints battled well for the point, but Hibs looked far sharper.  Their distribution, passing, movement and ball retention was much better than ours.  Sure, Laidlaw had a couple of saves, including a great one from Kennedy, but a combination of Zander and plain bad finishing prevented them from being well ahead by half time.

Hibs, the media darlings, never a bad word said about them.  And dont get me started on their scroat of a manager, that the media love also.    Hibs created hee haw second half, very fortunate equaliser.  Hibs fans very quiet as had nothing to cheer about.  They think they are brilliant but fact is they are only as good as we were for 4 years running getting into Europe.  

Gotta love the arogance of Hibs, who cannae beat us.  Ha! 

18 hours ago, Dave H said:

Hibs, the media darlings, never a bad word said about them.  And dont get me started on their scroat of a manager, that the media love also.    Hibs created hee haw second half, very fortunate equaliser.  Hibs fans very quiet as had nothing to cheer about.  They think they are brilliant but fact is they are only as good as we were for 4 years running getting into Europe.  

Gotta love the arogance of Hibs, who cannae beat us.  Ha! 

Some real blue tinted specs here.  Saints were very good but Hibs are a very decent team. We shouldn't downplay how good a point that was by trying to rubbish them.

As for the 'very fortunate equaliser", I thought it was a great ball in and virtually undefendable. 

21 minutes ago, jhq said:

Some real blue tinted specs here.  Saints were very good but Hibs are a very decent team. We shouldn't downplay how good a point that was by trying to rubbish them.

As for the 'very fortunate equaliser", I thought it was a great ball in and virtually undefendable. 

Agree completely. Hibs will be pushing for runner up spot- that was a very good point and a good performance and it's time we started looking at the positives about our team instead of continually grinding them down and questioning the manager and Steve Browns commitment to the cause.

23 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Agree completely. Hibs will be pushing for runner up spot- that was a very good point and a good performance and it's time we started looking at the positives about our team instead of continually grinding them down and questioning the manager and Steve Browns commitment to the cause.

Runner up to who though. On the strength of their last 2 performances Celtic are not a stick on for the title.

1 hour ago, jhq said:

Agree with first sentence. If we went into QoS game after 2 defeats & poor performances we would have been under severe pressure.

Although I agree their goal wasnt  fortunate it should have been avoided. Ando had been dragged well out of position ,Tanser was in no mans land ,earlier in the game Kennedy would have tracked  Boyle but he was knackered, Kerr should have defended it better. A speculative ball from that far out should never have resulted in a goal.

22 minutes ago, Cagey said:

earlier in the game Kennedy would have tracked  Boyle but he was knackered

Not having a go but it 100% stems from there.

You can see on the tv there is a wee hesitation to close down, his head kinda drops as he is tired and then realised no i need to close him down, but that wee second is enough and the cross comes in 

38 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Agree with first sentence. If we went into QoS game after 2 defeats & poor performances we would have been under severe pressure.

Although I agree their goal wasnt  fortunate it should have been avoided. Ando had been dragged well out of position ,Tanser was in no mans land ,earlier in the game Kennedy would have tracked  Boyle but he was knackered, Kerr should have defended it better. A speculative ball from that far out should never have resulted in a goal.

It was 5 minutes into the second half, Kennedy wasn’t tired at all, he just didn’t close down quick enough. Tanser wasn’t in no-mans land, he was covering the overlapping run of Ambrose. Yes the ball should have been stopped before it came in by Kennedy and it should have been defended better by Kerr, but Tansers not culpable in any way and I’d argue Anderson isn’t either since he’s tracked their striker like he’s been told to. If anything Craig should have slotted back slightly once he spotted Anderson was out of position, or even Kerr across, Foster into the middle. 

We could just accept it was a good goal.  If you look at any goal ever scored they could all be prevented - football would be a very boring game though.  I'm happier just accepting that Hibs scored a good goal than I would be if we had conceded our goal - that was a very sloppy goal for a defence to lose.

1 hour ago, jhq said:

We could just accept it was a good goal.  If you look at any goal ever scored they could all be prevented - football would be a very boring game though.  I'm happier just accepting that Hibs scored a good goal than I would be if we had conceded our goal - that was a very sloppy goal for a defence to lose.

Yeah,but if we cant have a discussion this site would be boring :razz:.

On 8/14/2018 at 11:04 AM, Cagey said:

Tony Watt says that Colum says the goal was his. 

Who or what makes the definitive decision as to the scorer of this goal?  The SPFL results site credits the goal to big Tone which would give him 5 for the season after the QOS game but some media sources are saying 4 goals.  I know its a pedantic point but I would like to see us with a 20+ goal scorer this season so they all need to count.

The relevant footy body decides. In effect, that means the ref, and the delay is because they have to wait for the ref to one-finger type his match report and send it in. I gather it’s taken a bit more seriously these, partly days because of betting, but mainly because of the We Are Perth Prediction League.

22 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

The relevant footy body decides. In effect, that means the ref, and the delay is because they have to wait for the ref to one-finger type his match report and send it in. I gather it’s taken a bit more seriously these, partly days because of betting, but mainly because of the We Are Perth Prediction League.

Hootsmon has Tony joint top SPL scorer on 5 goals so I can rest easy.