2 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

Who are the players getting kept on? 

Players going into last year of their deals

Northcott u18

Hamilton u18

Munro joined at Xmas two year deal 

Robertson u18 offered one year deal 

O reily, struthers and ballantyne from reserves all offered contracts 

So that's one right back, left and right midfield, one centre midfield and three strikers. 

I must say again it's just one coach that belittles them and tells them there useless and will never make it, when we are away I'll tell u all exactly what's been said over the season, as I've said I'd never thought I'd see the day when my lad would say I can't wait to leave here that's what's hurting the most, he accepts being released but I can't help feel if gerry crainey still took the team he would not be, that man is so good with the kids 

5 hours ago, sevcozombie2 said:

Players going into last year of their deals

Northcott u18

Hamilton u18

Munro joined at Xmas two year deal 

Robertson u18 offered one year deal 

O reily, struthers and ballantyne from reserves all offered contracts 

So that's one right back, left and right midfield, one centre midfield and three strikers. 

I must say again it's just one coach that belittles them and tells them there useless and will never make it, when we are away I'll tell u all exactly what's been said over the season, as I've said I'd never thought I'd see the day when my lad would say I can't wait to leave here that's what's hurting the most, he accepts being released but I can't help feel if gerry crainey still took the team he would not be, that man is so good with the kids 

I sincerely hope that you feel compelled to stand up and make a complaint and that others do as well. There is no place for this type of attitude.

Imagine if we lost out on the next Stevie May, Callum Davidson or Danny Griffin because of some dinosaur coach.

8 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

Appreciate the conversation has moved on over the course of the day but just wanted to make another couple of points. 

Boys are being told they are being let go because we don't have a reserve team. Does that mean they aren't good enough, or are they victims of penny pinching?

Our most expensive ever sale was on the verge of moving to Forfar for about £6,000 at a young age but Saints stuck at it in developing him and reaped the rewards. When there is talk about pathways, it is a general idea and not uniform with every individual. Making a judgement on players at 17 or 18 is hasty. Of course there will be ones that you know haven't adapted to full-time professionalism but equally there will be players that need further development at the next stage. That stage is being removed though it appears. Maybe it isn't (and they'll go in heavy on loans) but until communicated to otherwise, it's fair to assume it is.

I've no idea if the budget is being cut for next season as there has been no indication either way from the manager but I don't necessarily agree that cuts need to be directed towards the younger players. I could live without us signing the Niall Keown, Tristan Nydam or Sean Goss of next season, for example. 

I've been prepared to accept signings like Keown in particular because I've believed we are striving long-term towards producing our own young players to compliment the first team squad. That plan now looks to be getting abandoned and it'll be the Stevie May or Jason Kerr type coming through or nothing at all. 

Finally, I still think you are missing the point about Accies and Falkirk. Accies aren't fighting relegation because they play youngsters and likewise, that isn't the reason that Falkirk have failed to secure promotion. You are still painting them as examples of why academies don't work when it's actually very much the opposite!

It's always been my opinion young players develop better by going on loan to senior sides and playing games that matter. The reserve league is pointless for their development, to me, as theres too little consistency in quality of opponent, and selection.

I also believe players should be showing how good they are by 18. I'd be happy for us to whittle the numbers down as they approach that age, with those retained being loaned out, or training with the first team, if it helps direct more money to the younger age groups, and the first team. We will miss out on players who develop late, but it also means those who maybe aren't good enough will get a chance further down the leagues at a more appropriate level, which can only help everyone. Stevenson has a track record which should suggest his judgement can be trusted.

Just my opinion, obviously. Ideally we'd have a massive youth system, and we've got £2m we can "gamble" with, but it definitely feels like things are being cut back this year, after what was surely a large season in terms of outgoings. Short term, the money available needs directed to help rebuild the failing squad, that's something I'm happy with, as long as the age groups under the 18s still get the same amount of funding, as that's more important than reserves.

Hamilton and Falkirk, to me, are poor football clubs who are in positions I dont want to see Saints in. Both were reliant on youth players propping up the first team, and/or sales for turning a profit. I've always said if two ot three players come through your system and become important players it's a successful youth system. I was never saying they've poor youth systems, just that relying on your youth entirely can lead to a poor first team, especially if you get a "bad batch". I'd rather have a successful team than a youth program like those two.

5 hours ago, sevcozombie2 said:

One coach bullying is too many.

You have to make a formal complaint, anything else and it'll just continue and more will kids will be forced out the game.

There are a few allegations being voiced about bullying and abuse and none of that is acceptable. 

And this is not condoning that at all but I think the hardest coaching role in a professional football club is not first team coach or reserves coach but under 19 coach. Two things that make it the ahrdest role is firstly dealing with young lads who have egos that have grown out of all proportions becaise they think they have made it and know best. Secondly there is the parents who in some cases are living the dream through their kids. 

Hoodlum has attended loads of reserve games. what is your impression of the way the coaches treat the players?

Going back a few years I was asked to leave a couple of youth games on the Astro as the coaches didn’t like being given the same treatment they were dishing out to the young players. Eventually managed to have a chat with one of them and explained why I was abusing him and slowly saw the penny drop, not saying he changed completely but his attitude certainly improved.

I see Dundee are letting 8 young guys go. Looks like a lot of clubs will be cutting back. Hope that there is someone at the club who has been noting young guys at other clubs that may do a job for us.

Henvey is I believe a Perth guy. I think he was regarded by Dundee fans so may be worth a trial as strikers are hard to come by.

5 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I see Dundee are letting 8 young guys go. Looks like a lot of clubs will be cutting back. Hope that there is someone at the club who has been noting young guys at other clubs that may do a job for us.

Henvey is I believe a Perth guy. I think he was regarded by Dundee fans so may be worth a trial as strikers are hard to come by.

Hencey left Saints at 15 to go elsewhere, might be a tough one to get back in. Brian Rice is a decent left back, would be worth a check but I think United will step in.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

The best of them is Lambert.

Sounds like theres maybe going to be more clubs following this lead, judging by comments of the Dundee forum, and it's all based on the SFA and Project Brave.

Henvey won't go back to saints, and saints will not be taking young ones in as they have three strikers, don't think Dundee are getting rid of reserves but Dundee fans are not happy about it, infact their raging at the youngs ones getting let go, not like most saints fans who are calm and oh well, but it seems Dundee fans know there youth players, don't take offence please its just what I have observed on here and the Dundee tweets 

8 minutes ago, sevcozombie2 said:

Henvey won't go back to saints, and saints will not be taking young ones in as they have three strikers, don't think Dundee are getting rid of reserves but Dundee fans are not happy about it, infact their raging at the youngs ones getting let go, not like most saints fans who are calm and oh well, but it seems Dundee fans know there youth players, don't take offence please its just what I have observed on here and the Dundee tweets 

Have you made a formal complaint to the club about the coach yet?

3 hours ago, sevcozombie2 said:

Dundee have thanked them on their website and wished them luck for the future plus informing their support at same time, why don't saints care about there players and support like that 

Saints will probably do taht when they actually formally announce what is happenning. This has only come out ion here as it is via a parent. 

As far as the coach is concerned I find it all very strange taht this is all just coming out now, if it is bad as you are saying it is why did you not do something about it 6 months ago?

8 hours ago, mainstand said:

Saints will probably do taht when they actually formally announce what is happenning. This has only come out ion here as it is via a parent. 

As far as the coach is concerned I find it all very strange taht this is all just coming out now, if it is bad as you are saying it is why did you not do something about it 6 months ago?

Quite simply one parent can't do it on their own, parents will put up with it so it does not affect their kids chances, I wanted to but my lad said don't and I'm sure the same has happened with other parents, and the reason I think they may know is months ago I saw a coach with his ear to the door at half time, it has got worse last few weeks I honestly belive the man in question can't handle pressure he knows the kids won't argue back, one did and he walked out after being told to get to **** and don't come bk, he was suspended had metting with gaffer then was welcomed bk, their is a game today so let's see what happens, I hope for his sake he does not act the same way because I will do it today if he does, my lad does not want to play because no matter what he does he gets it and those who constantly under perform do not 

2 hours ago, sevcozombie2 said:

Quite simply one parent can't do it on their own, parents will put up with it so it does not affect their kids chances, I wanted to but my lad said don't and I'm sure the same has happened with other parents, and the reason I think they may know is months ago I saw a coach with his ear to the door at half time, it has got worse last few weeks I honestly belive the man in question can't handle pressure he knows the kids won't argue back, one did and he walked out after being told to get to **** and don't come bk, he was suspended had metting with gaffer then was welcomed bk, their is a game today so let's see what happens, I hope for his sake he does not act the same way because I will do it today if he does, my lad does not want to play because no matter what he does he gets it and those who constantly under perform do not 

Alegedly when he went in with his agent to go elsewhere Saints backtracked and offered him a new deal!

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

The best of them is Lambert.

Sounds like theres maybe going to be more clubs following this lead, judging by comments of the Dundee forum, and it's all based on the SFA and Project Brave.

Lambert is from the Newcastle area I think so may head back