Reserve League News 2018/19

Radford 72

15 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

The best of them is Lambert.

Sounds like theres maybe going to be more clubs following this lead, judging by comments of the Dundee forum, and it's all based on the SFA and Project Brave.

How do you know that he is the best? Hartley wanted him badly two years ago and made a big effort for him. But having seen him play on many occasions no big shakes.

To me again having seen him many times Rice is the best on that list by a mile, he would suit a team like United,  I think he would be “too small” for Saints.

Sevco is correct, too many parents frightened to come forward and scupper their kids chances. The good news however is that football is brutal and other teams don’t give a toss if you fall out with another club providing you have the ability. They will sign you in a nano second.

So good luck to the lads released. 

Btw Matty Smith at United was told he wasn’t good enough a few years ago at Saints. Add in Maddison, Edwards, Doughty etc

One person standing up can absolutely make a difference. Others may follow if someone speaks out and informs the club about a bullying coach. 

And if a young player is good enough then nothing will effect their chances.

Teams employ alcoholics, drug users, wife beaters, drug dealers etc etc. 

So if your claim is proven to be true then I'm certain that a player wouldn't be held back. 

Does anyone really think that a talented youngster would be turned down by say Livingstone because their dad made a complaint about a St Johnstone coach?

Edited by rik2304

1 hour ago, sasha said:

I think he would be “too small” for Saints.

Shit like this is pointless and just makes me believe you've something personal against the club.

Caddis, Thomson, Kane, Comrie, Northcott, Robertson and McCann are all under six foot yet have played first team football for Saints under Wright.

1 hour ago, sasha said:

Add in Maddison, Edwards, Doughty etc

Maddison wanted to return to England and had an attitude problem.

Edwards made almost 20 appearances in Saints first team in a six month loan spell.

Doughty wasnt good enough, hes since made a career for himself in a different position, in League Two in England.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Shit like this is pointless and just makes me believe you've something personal against the club.

Caddis, Thomson, Kane, Comrie, Northcott, Robertson and McCann are all under six foot yet have played first team football for Saints under Wright.

Not really but sometimes it’s like the emperors new clothes, if you get told how great things are all the time the followers start to believe it.

The boys you mentioned above apart from Northcott are built strong so height is not an issue. 

Edited by sasha

Getting back to football and some positives. I just watched a young saints side play a touring team at mcdiarmid and some of the play from the kids was brilliant. Getting the ball down passing on the deck good movement the lot and some kids that were knee high to a grasshopper.  So any thoughts about height being a hindrance in the younger age groups acan be totally ruled out. 

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Maddison wanted to return to England and had an attitude problem.

Edwards made almost 20 appearances in Saints first team in a six month loan spell.

Doughty wasnt good enough, hes since made a career for himself in a different position, in League Two in England.

Yes, I’m sure Doughtys 4-5 grand a week makes him not good enough for Saints.

5 minutes ago, sasha said:

Not really but Thomson was classed as the next Andy Robertson but was released, Simpson one of the most technical players in the squad released because of size AND physique.

The boys you mentioned above apart from Northcott are built strong so height is not an issue. 

By who? :lol:

Theyre quite rate not to play players who aren't strong enough.

Just now, sasha said:

Yes, I’m sure Doughtys 4-5 grand a week makes him not good enough for Saints.

He wasnt good enough when he was here, which is why nothing else happened after his loan.

Hes playing in Englands League Two, he could be earning £20k a week and I'd still maintain he was let go of because he wasnt good enough at Saints, are you expecting every single player to be kept forever incase they turn out alright?

6 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Getting back to football and some positives. I just watched a young saints side play a touring team at mcdiarmid and some of the play from the kids was brilliant. Getting the ball down passing on the deck good movement the lot and some kids that were knee high to a grasshopper.  So any thoughts about height being a hindrance in the younger age groups acan be totally ruled out. 

Agree, but get to 16/17/18 and it becomes it.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

By who? :lol:

Theyre quite rate not to play players who aren't strong enough.

So how do they get strong enough?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

He wasnt good enough when he was here, which is why nothing else happened after his loan.

Hes playing in Englands League Two, he could be earning £20k a week and I'd still maintain he was let go of because he wasnt good enough at Saints, are you expecting every single player to be kept forever incase they turn out alright?

No

3 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

You say there is a game today. Don't see it on fixture list. Is it a reserve Game?

Not a reserve game under 18 against Inverness caly. Suspect it's a 2pm kick off.

Think that was what @HOODLUM65 was looking @Sevco zombie not another ranting post having a dig at the club which is what this thread is turning into. 

1 minute ago, sasha said:

Agree, but get to 16/17/18 and it becomes it.

So how do they get strong enough?

Take it your laddies a wee ****?

This isn't just a Saints issue, it's a Scottish football issue. Andy Robertson was released by the rangers for not being big or strong enough. The purpose of the reserve sides is to feed the first team, if you're not strong enough to play in the first team and won't be for a few years the best thing to do for Saints is be released. Same as if you have 3 promising players for the same position,  keep one , punt 2. It's the way of the world sasha, get over it.

21 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Saints will soon knock the football out of them.

3 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Take it your laddies a wee ****?

This isn't just a Saints issue, it's a Scottish football issue. Andy Robertson was released by the rangers for not being big or strong enough. The purpose of the reserve sides is to feed the first team, if you're not strong enough to play in the first team and won't be for a few years the best thing to do for Saints is be released. Same as if you have 3 promising players for the same position,  keep one , punt 2. It's the way of the world sasha, get over it.

He did not get released, the contract offer was meant to be on a par with others, it wasn't so he walked.

Btw he is 6ft 1 and built like a brick s&&thouse, so no size issues here.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

By working at it. Stevie May was a scrawny wee laddie before deciding to go the gym every night on his own. Chris Kane has also been going to the gym in his own time.

They also need to play to see how they get on

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

Not a reserve game under 18 against Inverness caly. Suspect it's a 2pm kick off.

Think that was what @HOODLUM65 was looking @Sevco zombie not another ranting post having a dig at the club which is what this thread is turning into. 

Hoodlum living up to his name csuse trouble in a empty house.