Sign in to follow this  
Radford 72

Reserve League News 2018/19

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

ACH well & there was us thinking we could have 2 teams good enough for Premiership.

Think we have been beat in all our games so far.

Seems it was a fairly young team this time:

Mitchell, Comrie, Donald, Gordon, Quigley, McCann, O’Reilly, Ballantyne, Struthers, McClean, Hurst. SUBS: Wills, Smith, Bow, McKenzie, Robertson, Hamilton, Northcott.

Is that the third game in a row we have taken the lead only to be beaten?

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

ACH well & there was us thinking we could have 2 teams good enough for Premiership.

Think we have been beat in all our games so far.

This was an extremely young team albeit there were a few with a little first team experienc.Obviously the reason for this is the upcoming games against Celtic and Hearts.The one glaring omission though was Scougall,as far as I know he is not injured(correct me if I'm wrong) and looks to be completely out of favour.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

52 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

This was an extremely young team albeit there were a few with a little first team experienc.Obviously the reason for this is the upcoming games against Celtic and Hearts.The one glaring omission though was Scougall,as far as I know he is not injured(correct me if I'm wrong) and looks to be completely out of favour.

Yeah, if he is not in the squad on Wednesday we will know he is way out of favour & something is wrong.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Noticed on the report of game on OS site that we used 5 sub's. Is this a new rule for reserves & is 5 the limit.

Seems so - https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-johnstone-set-snub-revamped-12602978

"Games will kick off on Mondays at 2pm – the aim is to persuade first team bosses to allow players to take part and still recover for the following Saturday – and teams will be allowed five subs."

Nice to see 21 year old Cammy Ballantyne blossoming since his loan move to BSC Glasgow earlier in the month.

MOM and "covered every blade of grass" according to his current Manager.

After disposing of in-form Cumbernauld Colts in the Scottish Cup, BSC Glasgow  progress to the 3rd round for the first time in their history, to face Forfar away.

Good match report on BSC Glasgow Twitter.

Edited by HOODLUM65

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Nice to see 21 year old Cammy Ballantyne blossoming since his loan move to BSC Glasgow earlier in the month.

MOM and "covered every blade of grass" according to his current Manager.

After disposing of in-form Cumbernauld Colts in the Scottish Cup, BSC Glasgow  progress to the 3rd round for the first time in their history, to face Forfar away.

Good match report on BSC Glasgow Twitter.

Cheers for that, Saints have also been fairly proactive with some updates: http://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/post/loan-watch-ballantyne-shines-bsc-win

10 minutes ago, dublin saint said:

Heard some Hearts fan was mouthing off at at a saints players dad

A hearts fan shouted at Danny that he was a hibs c. Danny reacted followed by his dad who wished to discuss it further with him elsewhere. It all ended up with hugs and kisses :laugh::roll: