Reserve League News 2018/19

Radford 72

23 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Hoodlum living up to his name csuse trouble in a empty house.

Well someone has to point out what a shambles it is and how u all accept the situation ur club is in, ur happy with tenth low crowds shit football, no vision, down sizing, I just thought ud want more for ur club after being top 6 in Europe and winning Scottish Cup

5 minutes ago, sevcozombie2 said:

Well someone has to point out what a shambles it is and how u all accept the situation ur club is in, ur happy with tenth low crowds shit football, no vision, down sizing, I just thought ud want more for ur club after being top 6 in Europe and winning Scottish Cup

We don't have the fan base to compete for that every season. Manager was backed this season, probably more than usual, and it hasn't gone as well as other seasons. 

I don't think there is a single saints fan that is happy with the communication or coverage. The new marketing chap got Saints TV started but apart from a quarterly magazine I haven't seen much else of worth.

17 minutes ago, sevcozombie2 said:

Someone has to point out to the club hierarchy that a coach is a bully and is actively harmful to youth player development.

Edited by rik2304

15 minutes ago, sevcozombie2 said:

Having watched the 18s today I really cannot understand where the alleged lack of commitment from the club comes from 

The team were there with the manager and coaches at the side of the pitch. Alan maybury plus coach along with physio plus first team physio on the bench sports scientist and a new piece of equipment videoing the game aswell. 

An awful lot of club backroom staff supporting a team that has been said on here is being ignored.

And as for the manager and coaches no sign of any shouting and swearing at the players. And yes I was parked near the dugout so I would have heard. 

Not sure how many of the young players that are being released played today but a squad of 18. With more youth players watching from the side of the pitch. 

1 hour ago, sevcozombie2 said:

You can absolutely **** off with this absolute shite.

You can talk about the youths all you want if your kids involved, but you've no right at all to be ripping into the club, and the support is well beyond what you should be commenting on.

Most of us have followed the club from the second tier, many from much much lower, so it's absolutely hilarious a Rangers fan thinks they can talk about what we should be "accepting".

Edited by RandomGuy

39 minutes ago, mainstand said:

It was 2 2 when I left with less than 10 mins to go. 

ICT were not at all happy with the young lineswoman for the first saints goal. Good match 

Never mind the OS will let you know what the final score was :razz:.

2 hours ago, sevcozombie2 said:

You watched your team cheat there way to league titles and cup wins.then you sat back and let your team die.

AND then you want to lecture about my home town team.

take a look at yourself.

wally

Bit of a nerd question but is tomorrow's game at the main stadium or astroturf? From what I've Googled, most reserve games get played in the main venue but the ever reliable Scottish Football Fixtures wordpress blog has "@ McDiarmid Park) – artificial" next to the fixture.

The wife and kids are visiting family tomorrow and I've got a free pass out of that, can't think of any better way to spend a sunny bank holiday than adding a different venue to my list of grounds attended so if it is the astro then that's my afternoon sorted. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Hauzen said:

Bit of a nerd question but is tomorrow's game at the main stadium or astroturf? From what I've Googled, most reserve games get played in the main venue but the ever reliable Scottish Football Fixtures wordpress blog has "@ McDiarmid Park) – artificial" next to the fixture.

The wife and kids are visiting family tomorrow and I've got a free pass out of that, can't think of any better way to spend a sunny bank holiday than adding a different venue to my list of grounds attended so if it is the astro then that's my afternoon sorted. 

Thanks!

The game against Falkirk reserves (27 pts. ) (Saints 13pts.) will be in the Main stadium with a 2pm k.o.

Never heard of reserve games on the Astro.

10 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

The game against Falkirk reserves (27 pts. ) (Saints 13pts.) will be in the Main stadium with a 2pm k.o.

Thanks, didn't seem right from what I'd seen elsewhere but the chance to go somewhere different for a game was worth checking out. Pub it is tomorrow then!

10 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

that's quite a points difference (to falkirk). is it because we're playing a lot of youngsters & other teams playing older guys returning from injury? Selkirk seem to have a good set-up. any decent youngsters Maybury should be targeting?

Haven't given match report as it was pretty grim. T.W. watching wouldn't have gleaned much.

All I will say is Falkirk moved the ball better & quicker , but for some woeful finishing could have won by a bigger margin than 1-0.

Break up the right and a hard & low cross across the goalface , eluded 2 Saints defenders , allowing a lone striker to finish in style at the back post.

53 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Haven't given match report as it was pretty grim. T.W. watching wouldn't have gleaned much.

All I will say is Falkirk moved the ball better & quicker , but for some woeful finishing could have won by a bigger margin than 1-0.

Break up the right and a hard & low cross across the goalface , eluded 2 Saints defenders , allowing a lone striker to finish in style at the back post.

How did Watt & East on do & do you think they will be in squad on Saturday for Paisley ?.

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

I think I was saved a trip then. Was held up and ended up going to MOtherwell v Celtic at Forthbank instead. Good attractive game with a few senior players in the Motherwell side,  3-1 celtic victory to go top. It is when you see the level of players in some of these other matches that you can probably see why saints are looking at releasing a few of the young players.

Edited by mainstand

18 minutes ago, sleepless said:

don't see any point in playing Watt again if he's leaving at the end of the season. 

Surely our aim is to finish 7th. Irrespective of players whereabouts next season they are our players just  now.

Using your logic i take it Joe should not be playing either??

34 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Surely our aim is to finish 7th. Irrespective of players whereabouts next season they are our players just  now.

Would play Kerr & Gordon til end of season. Surprised Watt even got a game for reserves.

If Easton is fit then I would play him til end of season to see if he would be worth a contract for next season.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

The way I read Tommy's comments if Kerr wasn't suspended Joe would have been out of the line up on Saturday.  It is certainly what I would have done - Gordon and Kerr as the central defensive pairing.