Saints vs Dundee 25/08/18

glenrothes saintee

We should win this I feel! We have a basis of a good wee team Drey Wright & Tony Watt are excellent signings, Matty Kennedy looks keen & will only get better with games. Foster has turned out to be a stalwart, love his work rate & experience.. the way he pings balls in to the box .. a joy to watch.. have only singled out these guys on performances so far early days so plenty time for others to shine! Let's hope it's Saturday, would love to see McCann's 'gas put at a peep' love listening to him after his team receive a defeat, he has always someone to blame! Tommy better get his boxing gloves on ;-)

Apparently Dundee played quite well in their first couple of league games, and would have taken something if they could score. They've since signed some young Finnish striker. Sounded like they were murder against Ayr last week, so will be looking for a reaction.

Quite a few times in recent seasons Dundee have dominated the midfield against us, and McGowan and Kamara might be in line to be brought back in to the starting line up.  Two players who I always think play well against us.

Be good to get off to a good start and have the Dundee fans turn against their team. McCann will get a lot of stick if they don't get a performance/ result here, as a few are already wanting him punted.

As entertaining a game as the Hibs one, with us getting the three points this time, would do just fine. 

30 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Important game this. Early days, but it’s often difficult to get out of the pattern set in the first few games. Is it another mid-table season, with an outside chance of top six? Or is it a relegation battle? 

I give up.

What's the answer.? :wink:

1 hour ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Important game this. Early days, but it’s often difficult to get out of the pattern set in the first few games. Is it another mid-table season, with an outside chance of top six? Or is it a relegation battle? 

Think Livi just sorted the relegation spot with Holt as their new manager, so play off at worst.

Edited by garydavidson

6 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I reckon the top 6 teams in the table as of now (prematch Dundee), will finish top 6.  And the teams in bottom half as now will finish bottom half.  The order will change but I think it's rare to see the league table looking distinctly split after only 2 games. Top 6 in positive goal difference where as bottom 6 is negative goal difference.   No real surprises so far...  

we need to win games and hope we start this weekend, if we turn up then we will win. 

Recall this time last year and we are top of the table, not on one, but two seperate weekends.  Ah the memories..

First game of the season for me. Weather looks good and there should be a good crowd from Dundee,  so all the ingredients for a good old fashioned Derby.

I think we will find a lot about our team tomorrow, this should be a hard game but I think we might just edge it.

I hope young Hendry gets a place on the bench he has been looking really strong and confident recently.

Edited by SaintJet

1 hour ago, Kilgour said:

This means so much more than 3 points to our club.Im sure the newbies will be schooled, and McCann is under pressure this early in the season.Saints at home,so two strikers please and best of luck.p.s. just found out that the wife and I have won hospitality tix.Thanks again Farqhuar Print

Congrats on tickets.

I think we have to play 2 up front as well. McCann loves to playout from the back so we breve to pressure them into mistakes.