Hamilton & the Plastic Pitch V St.Johnstone 1st Sept

SaintJet

1 hour ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Another fantastic result.... with this exciting new team coming together, maybe we see some increase in crowds again and my dream of Saints TV gets on the docket. So few games I can get to or see live.

Spot on Cleve

if the team starts showing we need to get out and support them. This is going to be an interesting few months.

Having reflected on the game, saints were actually pretty poor. Kennedy and Watt were both off the boil massively and we didn’t test the keeper nearly enough. 

However, we got the win and that’s the main thing. Defence was solid, Foster and Tanser stood up to aerial balls being shelled at then and the centrebacks were pretty much flawless after the first 20 minutes. Alston was better again today and Craig did the basic stuff well. We could have and should have scored a lot more today and the fact we didn’t push on in the second half is a tad disappointing. Still 7 points and an away win from our first 4 games is pleasing. Just need to step it up another level next game. I certainly think the plastic pitch played a part in some of our stunted attacking. 

We did enough to win without being exceptional. The goals were a bit scrappy but Alston had a good game and almost got a 2nd, same for McMillan. Tony had a quietish game but nearly scored twice and Kane should have scored at the end. Lost a bad goal but deserved the win. Tristan didn't get much of a chance to make an impact, but Spoony had a couple of bad errors although was unlucky not to score.

Still can't get used to an Accies side without Cerny's 10-mins-for-a-goal-kick timewasting. They're still a bunch of cloggers though.

One thing though - their new pitch seems to be a lot better than last season's - still not as good as grass though.

I don’t think Spoony will have experienced 15 mins like that in his career. Absolutely nothing was working for him. Not great from his perspective, especially with the amount of talent we have in those central positions. 

Good 3 points. Should have been out of sight long before they got a goal back. 

Thought we made hard work of that but three points are three points.  All the good performers were defenders though McMillan did give 100% and deserved his goal.  Watt was a bit casual and indeed off the boil, hopefully only for today.  Kano put himself about when he came on.

What happened to the board or announcement of added time?  Have I missed something?

Never relaxed watching this game, as was unsure when Referee  Bobby Madden would award a free kick to Accies for innocuous challenges and blatant diving.

Spoiled the game for me.

When they scored, was thinking he would find ways of giving them a penalty.

Alas, all was well and good.

Onwards and upwards.

C.o.y.s.

Thought we were well in control for long periods. The first 15 of the second half was a period where we knocked the ball around really well.  A pretty comfortable afternoon and plenty still to come.

Well done to all Saints fans in attendance although a wee bit more singing and positivity wouldnae go amiss.

COYS!

3 hours ago, Widge said:

Having reflected on the game, saints were actually pretty poor. Kennedy and Watt were both off the boil massively and we didn’t test the keeper nearly enough. 

However, we got the win and that’s the main thing. Defence was solid, Foster and Tanser stood up to aerial balls being shelled at then and the centrebacks were pretty much flawless after the first 20 minutes. Alston was better again today and Craig did the basic stuff well. We could have and should have scored a lot more today and the fact we didn’t push on in the second half is a tad disappointing. Still 7 points and an away win from our first 4 games is pleasing. Just need to step it up another level next game. I certainly think the plastic pitch played a part in some of our stunted attacking. 

Disagree with a lot of that. 

We were pretty comfortable all day on an atrocious playing surface.  Watt and Kennedy were good today - some of the passing from Watt was exceptional, but it's all about opinions.