St Johnstone vs Aberdeen 15/09/18

jhq

Another good performance, thought Tanser was a stand out and McMillan made a great run to be first to the ball for his goal.  (Training pitch move?)

Liked the fancy cut of the grass but I thought one or two patches looked a bit strange.  However, I know he haw about grass as one look at my lawn will tell you so it is probably the new pitch still settling down.

28 minutes ago, dublin saint said:

According to Tommy he and Liam had a disagreement at half time. Thought Joe and Tanser were really good today and Tony unlucky to pick up a knock early on

Tommy & Liam were absolutely raging at each other for the last 20 mins of the first half. Don't know what it was about but it looked like Liam wasn't following Tommy's instructions. Wasn't surprised when Liam failed to appear second half

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Disappointed if it's personal why Craig was taken off, we looked poorer without him. 

Agreed. Depends what happened & the boss is the boss but hopefully they can sort things out between them as we missed Liam in second half.

Hopefully not the start of unrest but with players like Scougall not even making the bench ?.

2 minutes ago, Oldmuirton said:

Tommy & Liam were absolutely raging at each other for the last 20 mins of the first half. Don't know what it was about but it looked like Liam wasn't following Tommy's instructions. Wasn't surprised when Liam failed to appear second half

Yeah something about him not covering the edge of the box at set pieces. Tommy was absolutely raging at him but Liam clearly wasn't pleased himself. Bet it was a colourful dressing room at half time.

3 hours ago, Center Half said:

Probably to honest at the penalty shout! if he just ploughed into the keeper then a penalty  is given but he hurdled the keeper and do not think the keeper touched him in the end!

Aye thought it was a stonewaller at the time but he does indeed hurdle the keeper.Too honest,should have stayed on his feet and let the keeper make contact.

Good to see Swanson back

1 hour ago, mike_gain said:

Yeah something about him not covering the edge of the box at set pieces. Tommy was absolutely raging at him but Liam clearly wasn't pleased himself. Bet it was a colourful dressing room at half time.

Thought Liam and Blair did well together again,missed Liam's organisation in the second half, thought foster did really well organising the team,born winner doesn't want to lose anything,have to say mcginns goal was top notch,

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Disappointed if it's personal why Craig was taken off, we looked poorer without him. 

I think there is a difference between personal and a player not doing what the manager wants stage player to do. 

Liam is a player who gives 100 percent but has shown before that he has a temper and very stubborn. In that first half the manager appeared to be telling him to do something and he wasn't doing it and told the manager where to go.

Only ever one winner In a situation like that. 

Suspect they will have a wee meeting on Monday and it will be cleared up.

Thats the most vocal I've been for a while.  Shouting at the clueless cnut officiating the game. Second half thought the ref was on SFA instruction to ensure Aberdeen did not get beat.  But then he started making awful decisions that were in favour of us.  It came the last 20 minutes and I had no idea what decisions were going to be taken.

Thought it was a stone wall pen, obstruction. Thought it was awarded and then change decision. 

We played well, Aberdeen played well. Quite a fast and furious game with good football at times.  

Roll on next week and more howling ref decisions at Ibroke.

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I'm still not convinced by Shaughnessy.  He's too soft;  I would rather have had Anderson in there today. Jason Kerr is a great defender but he is going to have to watch as the number of times he wins the ball then tries to be too clever and gives it away cheaply could well cost us. 

We’ve lost one game in ten,the only one Ando started iirc,he gave Muzz a really bad ball at Kilmarnock,that eventually cost us the first goal,he’s also the softest ch I’ve seen in Scottish football,I’m happy to see Kerr try play football as it should be,he’ll make mistakes,but I don’t want to curtail his exuberance,as it’s the beautiful game

26 minutes ago, mainstand said:

They scored from a free kick. 

Yes, after Alston fouled GMS, but Tanser should have taken one for the team 20-25 yards further up the park and took him out then. The danger was obvious. 

I think Alston made a bad call taking him out where he did. It was an intentional foul but in too risky a position. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

He's got a point tbf, Alston and Tanser both had the chance to take him out ten yards back, and you doubt McGinn would've scored from there. 

Not sure it's worth applying blame to anyone though, it was a complete wonder goal. 

Was a decent free kick, and I'm no goalkeeping expert but seemed to get round the wall too easy and it wasn't right in the corner, could Clarks positioning and his set up if the wall been better?  not sure, maybe it was just a great shot, will see on the highlights tonight. 

They will probably not even show the saints penalty claim! 

Thought collum had a decent first half and then the second what a shambles, Logan, considine and Gleeson all took men out and nothing, then Swanson first tackle yellow. Looked a stonewaller our pen claim when Callahan was taken out.

Decent performance from saints again that's a game we would have lost last year, far more entertaining, not the greatest fan of tanser and Joe but thought they were both first class yesterday.

31 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Was a decent free kick, and I'm no goalkeeping expert but seemed to get round the wall too easy and it wasn't right in the corner, could Clarks positioning and his set up if the wall been better?  not sure, maybe it was just a great shot, will see on the highlights tonight. 

They will probably not even show the saints penalty claim! 

Thought collum had a decent first half and then the second what a shambles, Logan, considine and Gleeson all took men out and nothing, then Swanson first tackle yellow. Looked a stonewaller our pen claim when Callahan was taken out.

Decent performance from saints again that's a game we would have lost last year, far more entertaining, not the greatest fan of tanser and Joe but thought they were both first class yesterday.

Don't think it went round the wall but over it & no one jumped.

Said to my pal that Collum was OK for us in first half so he wouldn't give us much in second.

Consadine should have got a second yellow. Glasson got away with a kick at McMillan after the ball away but that's OK as its OK to kick people now under new rules. Funny how Danny got booked for what I saw as accidental contact. 

17 hours ago, Oldmuirton said:

Wonder if any of our posh forumers that sit in the main stand know what it was about.

I am sure the same happened in the Hibs game.

Players are not robots & surely they play to the situation but you can't have verbals with the boss as threre can only be one winner.

Liam starting his managerial career early ?.

29 minutes ago, ejksjfc said:

I actually thought Willie Collum had a decent game yesterday he got all the major decisions right. He is still too quick at getting the cards out although you can’t argue against any of the yellow cards yesterday.

I hate to agree with you but I thought the same.

1 hour ago, ejksjfc said:

I actually thought Willie Collum had a decent game yesterday he got all the major decisions right. He is still too quick at getting the cards out although you can’t argue against any of the yellow cards yesterday.

Looking at some of the decisions on Sportscene its no wonder Wullie is Scotland's No1. Although Stewart thought he should have given Dons  a pen.