St Johnstone vs Aberdeen 15/09/18

jhq

Get this Collum lauding in the ****ing sea.

He let Considine go right through the back of Kennedy when already booked without as much as a word, gave a free kick against Alston for being kicked by four Aberdeen players, he booked Swanson when the player he was chasing stopped and caused Swanson to run into him, but let Lowe getting away with wrestling McMillan to the ground off the ball on a counter. 

I'm still completely convinced we should've had a penalty, Callachans progress was impeded, and he gave similar non contact fouls in the middle of the park. 

17 hours ago, Cagey said:

Wonder if any of our posh forumers that sit in the main stand know what it was about.

I am sure the same happened in the Hibs game.

Players are not robots & surely they play to the situation but you can't have verbals with the boss as threre can only be one winner.

Liam starting his managerial career early ?.

At set pieces it looked like Tommy was wanting 2 players to be doing a specific role and Liam was one of these players. He didn't appear to be doing that. Tommy kept on shouting to him 2.and signalling with his hand. 

Liam appeared to have a different view. If liam had Looked  at Tommy's face before half time then he should have been last off the park and given himself and to Tommy time to calm down, instead he was one of the first off and looked raging aswell. Suspect there was some colourful language in that changing room at half time.

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

DnRzAy3XcAA_rOV.thumb.jpeg.c32fe536655228edc2ec9b6bab809e84.jpeg

Collum told Callachan he didn't give the penalty as "there wasn't enough contact"... 

Good ref though.. 

Funny how BBC didn't highlight this with their multi angle slomo.

Never said Collum was a good ref , just that going by the refereeing in other games was the reason he was seen as our best.

I didn't think it was a penalty because Call would have never have got to the ball if even if there was no contact because it was beyond him.

I have no affection for Collum in anyway - he is an arrogant d*** but I try to be balanced when appraising Refs and I thought he had a decent game.

Edited by SaintJet

On 15/09/2018 at 11:59 PM, dave mc said:

We’ve lost one game in ten,the only one Ando started iirc,he gave Muzz a really bad ball at Kilmarnock,that eventually cost us the first goal,he’s also the softest ch I’ve seen in Scottish football,I’m happy to see Kerr try play football as it should be,he’ll make mistakes,but I don’t want to curtail his exuberance,as it’s the beautiful game

You lost me completely when you said Anderson was the softest centre half in football. You could criticise him for charging about a bit, or maybe the occasional howler, but softest? ****ing hell, seriously.

A pretty good performance on Saturday, with a wee bit of luck we might have got all the points;  it's a measure of the direction we are going in that we were confident about getting something from this game and this came to pass.

At the half time kick about with the sub players warming up I counted all the guys who could have easily be starting on Saturday and remarked that we now have a seriously strong squad; when some of these players are going to get a start is anybody's guess as long as we are playing like this but it's a great place to be.

On a side note, when I left the Muirton suite after a quick pint after the game I met Muzz outside and I asked him how he was coming along and he told me he would be back at full training a in a couple of weeks which is great news - I thought we might not see him this side of Christmas. 

Edited by SaintJet

Wasn't able to attend this match on Saturday but watched the full 90 minutes on Alba. A very encouraging performance again. We have much more energy and pace in the team and you feel that we could score whenever we come forward. We look much more comfortable in possession and in Kennedy, Wright, McMillan and Watt we have several outballs, stopping us from being stuck defending for big chunks of games like I felt was a feature last season. 

Alston was our best player for me. At times in the second half I felt he was our entire midfield as he was popping up everywhere. The biggest compliment I can think to give him is to say that we haven't really missed Davidson over the last couple of games.

I hope we go to Ibrox next week and play without fear. We are good enough to impose ourselves on Rangers playing our own game and hopefully Wright has the confidence in his players to let them do exactly that. There's a swagger about this team that I've not seen for quite a while and I'm loving watching them play so far.

Feel the same as Kyle , everyone not only wants the ball but is comfortable with it . Also how strong was the bench .

Going to Ibrox for the first time since the cup game we were beaten 2-0 and we had the whole of the bottom of the Broomloan. Refused to give them any money but It’s one of only about 3 grounds left in Scotland I’ve never seen us win . 

Its The Pet Shop Boys Making All The Noise !!!

2 hours ago, Dr Christmas Jones said:

Feel the same as Kyle , everyone not only wants the ball but is comfortable with it . Also how strong was the bench .

Going to Ibrox for the first time since the cup game we were beaten 2-0 and we had the whole of the bottom of the Broomloan. Refused to give them any money but It’s one of only about 3 grounds left in Scotland I’ve never seen us win . 

Its The Pet Shop Boys Making All The Noise !!!

Welcome back.

20 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He let Considine go right through the back of Kennedy when already booked without as much as a word, gave a free kick against Alston for being kicked by four Aberdeen players, he booked Swanson when the player he was chasing stopped and caused Swanson to run into him, but let Lowe getting away with wrestling McMillan to the ground off the ball on a counter. 

I'm still completely convinced we should've had a penalty, Callachans progress was impeded, and he gave similar non contact fouls in the middle of the park. 

20 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Apart from you first line which you can keep for your  beloved Pie and Bogroll,  the rest of your post is spot on.  Especially the bit about Considine. 

6 hours ago, mainstand said:

Or actually made no difference. Maybe mystic met if she has till about could tell us:laugh:

I see in his match comments Tommy praises Liam's corner placement for McMillan's goal and also expresses himself pleased that a set play worked on in training paid off.

Hope this is a sign that he and Liam have shaken hands.

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

You lost me completely when you said Anderson was the softest centre half in football. You could criticise him for charging about a bit, or maybe the occasional howler, but softest? ****ing hell, seriously.

Only in Scottish football,seen him raped by anyone with physicality,Boyd,Magenniss,Anjer,Rooney and many more,never seen Joe get done nearly as much,but you claim he’s too soft

11 hours ago, cristo said:

Who was the guy in the Blair Alston mask, wearing number 4 ?

What a revelation, get the team built around him.

I'm starting to wonder if the reverse is true - that Alston we had in his first two seasons looks like a pale imitation to the one we've seen since he majestically appeared off the bench against Dundee. Maybe all he needed was a bit of faith to play in what he considers to be his best position. He looks much more confident and assured on the ball, his energy has been a real asset to the team and his reading of the game seems so much better there too. 

He's certainly looking much more like the player I was expecting to get a couple of summers ago. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I'm starting to wonder if the reverse is true - that Alston we had in his first two seasons looks like a pale imitation to the one we've seen since he majestically appeared off the bench against Dundee. Maybe all he needed was a bit of faith to play in what he considers to be his best position. He looks much more confident and assured on the ball, his energy has been a real asset to the team and his reading of the game seems so much better there too. 

He's certainly looking much more like the player I was expecting to get a couple of summers ago. 

And will get his obligatory goal at ayebroke

Seen the penalty shouts from both teams. Saints obvious obstruction, clearly a foul. doesnt need contact to impede a hurdling player.  Anywhere on the pitch, this is a foul. Aberdeen shout was clear contact.   Thought both were pens when watching at the time, highlights havent changed my mind.  Our penalty decision is clearly at a very important time. might have won 3 points at that point.

On 17/09/2018 at 5:11 PM, south inch said:

I see in his match comments Tommy praises Liam's corner placement for McMillan's goal and also expresses himself pleased that a set play worked on in training paid off.

Hope this is a sign that he and Liam have shaken hands.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/726641/tommy-wright-will-never-criticise-st-johnstone-players-for-being-honest/

Wright doesn’t have any problem with the player Callachan replaced at half-time, Liam Craig, in the wake of a verbal spat in the changing room.

“There was nothing to kiss and make up about,” he said.

"It was all gone after the game.

“Players who have played under me will tell you as soon as something happens it is over and it is forgotten about.

“Maybe other managers might have said Liam had picked up a knock or he was on a yellow card. But I would rather tell the truth when I’m asked a direct question.

“I don’t see any point in lying. That’s when rumours start.”

Edited by garydavidson