Saint GB

St Johnstone v Celtic Betfred Cup QF 26/09

No idea how this'll go, Celtic will react after their poor form and slating in the media, I'd assume they'll be as strong as they can possibly be. Seen some suggestions both Griffiths and Eduoard will start. 

We need to be stronger at the back than the weekend, while also getting more support in attack. Hard to do. As always the space behind their full backs will be key, we need someone willing to attack it then drive at centre halves before they regain their shape. 

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Apparently beat them twice in the cup in 1961/62, both in August. Did we maybe beat them in the groups then the first knockout round after? No idea how it worked back then. 

It was group stage, see post two above yours.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Brutal selection. Callachan and Craig behind Alston, Wotherspoon on the wing. 

Any hope I had has gone. Wotherspoon must have dirt on Wright. 

I'm going to give the lads a chance.  We have had a decent start to the season apart from Sunday.  

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Did you play teams home and away in the groups?

Yes, I seem to remember Motherwell were in that particular group and we beat them home and away also.  An inside forward called Ronnie Wright scored a wonder goal at Fir Park.

Commentary driving me crazy.... cant believe how much they pander to the 'big clubs'. If this is celtic TV, I'd get it, but I think this is national, which is disgustingly biased. I wouldn't mind that much if we were getting slaughtered, but they don't look anything special.

Overall, I like the small bursts of attacking football we play, a few bounces our way and we could be leading this.