Saints v Celtic sunday

slf

Guest ScottMann
2 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

Top 6 doesn't come in to it.  I expect nothing other than that the manager of St Johnstone sends out a team that will compete with every single club in this league on the pitch.  That didn't happen for long periods of last season, and it's not happening again.  We can paper over cracks with "exiting signings" and the like, but for me, the basics aren't right and we still have an unbalanced squad.  That's why my opinion hasn't changed.  Anyhow, this isn't the tread for this discussion...

...so don't bring the discussion into the thread then.

Home already, worst 1st half I can think of in some time, utterly brutal!  Why Wright persists with Spoony I don’t know his touch was terrible again today and so many wayward passes.  Tanser was left for dead time after time.  Our midfield was powder puff and desperately needs some steel about it.  Hope Muzz is back soon.  Don’t even feel angry at Swanson, his tackle just echoed the frustration from the stand.  See tackles like that every week and usually always yellow but that summed up our day! Thank f&ck that run of fixtures is over!

4 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Only?  The allocation issue was discussed, but surely better to start making the stadium work for us for matches like this, and increase the away fans' allocation? Saints fans without tickets weren't able to get in at the gate, and Celtic only had their (limited) allocation.  Besides, getting horsed in front of a stadium full of Celtic fans we're milking would dull the discomfort if we going to put in performances like that...

3 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

Only?  The allocation issue was discussed, but surely better to start making the stadium work for us for matches like this, and increase the away fans' allocation? Saints fans without tickets weren't able to get in at the gate, and Celtic only had their (limited) allocation.  Besides, getting horsed in front of a stadium full of Celtic fans we're milking would dull the discomfort if we going to put in performances like that...

The very point I made in the earlier discussion. We were always getting horsed, should have made some money.

Worth noting that virtually every season Celtic score at least four at McDiarmid Park.

Yet another game where you look at the line up with absolutely no idea what TW thinks. Wotherspoon as the holding midfielder is a stupid ****ing experiment that failed last season, yet he's still attempting it. Honestly, at this stage it feels like it's purely to get Wotherspoon in the line up, as there's no reason you'd play him instead of Craig there.

Tanser far too timid, again, and Shaughnessy hopefully, finally, dropped for that horror show. He's the captain, defensive rock, and he loses every physical battle, never puts his body on the line, and barely says a word. Difference with Anderson there was frightening.

We move on, the manager and players have a run of games that gives them the chance to repay the fans who've suffered over the past months yet still sat through that today.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Worth noting that virtually every season Celtic score at least four at McDiarmid Park.

Yet another game where you look at the line up with absolutely no idea what TW thinks. Wotherspoon as the holding midfielder is a stupid ****ing experiment that failed last season, yet he's still attempting it. Honestly, at this stage it feels like it's purely to get Wotherspoon in the line up, as there's no reason you'd play him instead of Craig there.

Tanser far too timid, again, and Shaughnessy hopefully, finally, dropped for that horror show. He's the captain, defensive rock, and he loses every physical battle, never puts his body on the line, and barely says a word. Difference with Anderson there was frightening.

We move on, the manager and players have a run of games that gives them the chance to repay the fans who've suffered over the past months yet still sat through that today.

Whole team were spineless, but again special.mention to tanser, Joe,,  spoony and Callahan, can't tackle pass and positionally awful, all imposters and have been for weeks, scougall must be in the shit if he can't get in a squad before Callahan 

Spoony never put a tackle in all day & his passes went to the other team. The reason they cut trough us was that he can't tackle. He waves his hands about to everyone else & does nothing himself. Tommy must see something in him that no one else does. He is a talented footballer be he ain't no holding midfielder.

Tanser. There are no words to describe him & footballer certainly isn't one.

Joe is not a centre half & should have been a direct sub for Foster but if Tommy did want his captain on the field then it should have been Tanser taken off.

Utter shambles. What money was made available has been wasted in the wrong areas. Midfield today put in their worst performance yet and that takes some doing! Spoony is a liability, Tanser can not defend, Alston offers nothing and Callaghan is just a poor Liam. My biggest issue is Joe however. Not leading on the pitch and Kerr’s performances affected by this imo. Does not challenge enough and his body language for a Captain is so negative. Ando has his place back now but with all due respect to Ando that is a backward step for the team, but necessary. TW saying at end that no tackles were made until Ando came on must make Joe fear the worst. Another long season ahead I’m afraid. 

10 minutes ago, Gas Monkey said:

Utter shambles. What money was made available has been wasted in the wrong areas. Midfield today put in their worst performance yet and that takes some doing! Spoony is a liability, Tanser can not defend, Alston offers nothing and Callaghan is just a poor Liam. My biggest issue is Joe however. Not leading on the pitch and Kerr’s performances affected by this imo. Does not challenge enough and his body language for a Captain is so negative. Ando has his place back now but with all due respect to Ando that is a backward step for the team, but necessary. TW saying at end that no tackles were made until Ando came on must make Joe fear the worst. Another long season ahead I’m afraid. 

Agree with every word of this. Ando coming on made such a difference, not least on Kerr, who looked like he actually had some direction. 

Spoony shouldn't get back in the side and should be off in January TBH.