Saints v Celtic sunday

slf

A month ago, we were playing attacking refreshing football being exciting.  Shouting on awol fans to return.  Hmm.  Really were we saying this only a few weeks ago...

Yes, we cant win the league.. beaten by better teams in the last month, can only complain about the number of goals conceded to million pound forwards...  

Lets hope we can get some flow back in our game.

Thankfully I can't comment on the game as didnt attend.  As I didnt see the game, I feel it never happened.

9 hours ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Knew it was going to be a bad day when I got stopped going in by a steward who insisted on frisking me before going in. Season Ticket holder in the West Stand - did they have Intel that the Tartan Rug and bunnet brigade were planning a pyro party ? Totally over the top - they insisted on checking everybody even gave SLF a going over without any protective gear on.

I think it was to stop the celtic fans complaining about being victimised they decided to frisk everyone entering the ground. 

The only trouble seemed to be the celtic fans fighting amongst themselves at the start of the game. 

10 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I think it was to stop the celtic fans complaining about being victimised they decided to frisk everyone entering the ground. 

The only trouble seemed to be the celtic fans fighting amongst themselves at the start of the game. 

Boy in the Celtic end was fighting with his own fans, Police went in, stood about, guy started trying to fight with the Police, they let his mates take him away and left it at that. 

Second half he's fighting with his own fans again, the fans sort it out. He then skelps someone who needs medical attention and finally gets chucked out the stadium.

Double standards are incredible, any saints fan doing that would've been dragged out by seven officers instantly after the first incident. 

And that's ignoring the fact the whole crowd started singing about the IRA while the police were both in the stand, and standing watching them.

38 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Boy in the Celtic end was fighting with his own fans, Police went in, stood about, guy started trying to fight with the Police, they let his mates take him away and left it at that. 

Second half he's fighting with his own fans again, the fans sort it out. He then skelps someone who needs medical attention and finally gets chucked out the stadium.

Double standards are incredible, any saints fan doing that would've been dragged out by seven officers instantly after the first incident. 

And that's ignoring the fact the whole crowd started singing about the IRA while the police were both in the stand, and standing watching them.

Same as you, it was ridiculous that the police were just having a word for 15 minutes instead of lifting the folk.  They folk wearing the same jackets were also allowed onto the track before the game to tape their flags over the advertising boards at the front of the stand, when Saints fans have been told to remove theirs in the past.  I'd be asking Saints for a refund if i was paying for that advertising board!

And the Ira song content was as bad as I've heard it for a long while. It's bizarre how the police, tv companies, media, politicians etc turn a blind eye to it. You look at the outrage we rightly show in this country at some Eastern European countries/ Italy etc being hugely racist at some games and getting huge fines, playing behind closed doors etc, and yet look what we accept in this country.  The first question BT should have asked Brendan Rogers was what he thought of his support singing sectarian songs, but not a word.  

The sad fact is the media, police and politicians are too scared to upset either half of the old firm.

Was the guy who got stretchered away definitely due to fighting? I wasn't sure if it was a medical issue as he looked a bit older.

12 hours ago, Gas Monkey said:

And no Swanson for the next three games against the teams we are hoping to pick up some points!

Who freaking cares! Swanson should, not for the first time, apologize to his fellow players and the fans. His foul was totally reckless and naive - I'm sick to death of the unprofessional  approach of this idiot. Thank f Celtic sat back or we could have taken double figures. I hope there is real straight talking this next couple of weeks.

46 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Same as you, it was ridiculous that the police were just having a word for 15 minutes instead of lifting the folk.  They folk wearing the same jackets were also allowed onto the track before the game to tape their flags over the advertising boards at the front of the stand, when Saints fans have been told to remove theirs in the past.  I'd be asking Saints for a refund if i was paying for that advertising board!

And the Ira song content was as bad as I've heard it for a long while. It's bizarre how the police, tv companies, media, politicians etc turn a blind eye to it. You look at the outrage we rightly show in this country at some Eastern European countries/ Italy etc being hugely racist at some games and getting huge fines, playing behind closed doors etc, and yet look what we accept in this country.  The first question BT should have asked Brendan Rogers was what he thought of his support singing sectarian songs, but not a word.  

The sad fact is the media, police and politicians are too scared to upset either half of the old firm.

I agree.

the hypocrisy of players waving anti racism cards before the game is not lost on me either.the whole afternoon the Celtic support kept up their religious and political chants.

as usual it will be ignored and swept under the carpet.the disgusting shame of Scotland.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Who freaking cares! Swanson should, not for the first time, apologize to his fellow players and the fans. His foul was totally reckless and naive - I'm sick to death of the unprofessional  approach of this idiot. Thank f Celtic sat back or we could have taken double figures. I hope there is real straight talking this next couple of weeks.

As much as I think Tanser was poor, Swanson gave him no help in first half. Assume Wright told him at half time to do more so he took the legs from the winger.

Some were having a go at Kennedy for not tracking back but I don't see it. Kennedy has a couple of games to make the position his own unless of course Tommy plays Spoony there.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

As much as I think Tanser was poor, Swanson gave him no help in first half. Assume Wright told him at half time to do more so he took the legs from the winger.

Some were having a go at Kennedy for not tracking back but I don't see it. Kennedy has a couple of games to make the position his own unless of course Tommy plays Spoony there.

That's a good point - you only have to look at how effective it is on the other flank with Wright and Foster covering the whole length of the pitch. Kennedy tracks back more but Tanser is generally left without support and if he's caught up the park in an attack we can be left exposed on that side.

BTW Anyone know why Foster was taken off - at the time I thought it was because he looked in danger of lamping someone (not necessarily in a hooped shirt either).

4 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Was the guy who got stretchered away definitely due to fighting? I wasn't sure if it was a medical issue as he looked a bit older.

I think the fact that they had a heart machine on the boy who was taken away in the ambulance might suggest that it was more than fighting. 

Random did you see that or are you adding 2 and 2 and getting 6.

Edited by mainstand

1 hour ago, templeofsaints said:

That's a good point - you only have to look at how effective it is on the other flank with Wright and Foster covering the whole length of the pitch. Kennedy tracks back more but Tanser is generally left without support and if he's caught up the park in an attack we can be left exposed on that side.

BTW Anyone know why Foster was taken off - at the time I thought it was because he looked in danger of lamping someone (not necessarily in a hooped shirt either).

I think it was tactical to shore up the central defence but taking off Foster instead of Joe was a strange one.

If he was unhappy with Foster it was a strange time to sub him right on the half time whistle. In fact it was a strange time to make any sub even if it was an injury.

Well spotted. Foster was injured I believe it may have been a bruised ego.

Tanser is good player and still young so he needs a wee bit of help - he looked out of his depth yesterday but he was man of the match against Aberdeen and with some good management he will go on to be a big name for us.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Tanser is good player and still young so he needs a wee bit of help - he looked out of his depth yesterday but he was man of the match against Aberdeen and with some good management he will go on to be a big name for us.

I have seen it all now. Tanser is weak as **** and would struggle to outmuscle most 14 year old wingers.

3 minutes ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

I have seen it all now. Tanser is weak as **** and would struggle to outmuscle most 14 year old wingers.

Sadly I agree. He obviously has ability on the ball but is brushed aside so easily most of the time. Not strong enough for this level. He had a very good first half v Aberdeen but I thought he got a bit of a roasting by GMS in the second.

Foster was limping before he was subbed. Drey Wright had dropped back to fill in at right back a minute or so before the fifth goal and Foster was at right mid.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think it was tactical to shore up the central defence but taking off Foster instead of Joe was a strange one.

If he was unhappy with Foster it was a strange time to sub him right on the half time whistle. In fact it was a strange time to make any sub even if it was an injury.

Foster came off because of an injury. 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

In his position he was just in front of us in East & never noticed him getting injured. You would think they would have had the trainer on to releave the pressure.

For about 5 mins before he came off Tommy and Joe appeared to be discussing him. The physio was there when he came off and spoke to him before ando went on. 

If he has a muscle injury he would know how bad it was. 

8 hours ago, garydavidson said:

One to forget but congratulations to Liam Craig:

Also read today a match report that started off with this...

.....landmark day for the Saints manager, Tommy Wright, who set a club record as manager with his 198th game, overtaking Willie Ormond, who was in charge between 1967 and 1973.

Edited by Dave H

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

In his position he was just in front of us in East & never noticed him getting injured. You would think they would have had the trainer on to releave the pressure.

21 minutes ago, mainstand said:

For about 5 mins before he came off Tommy and Joe appeared to be discussing him. The physio was there when he came off and spoke to him before ando went on. 

If he has a muscle injury he would know how bad it was. 

Maybe it's one of these injuries you pick up when you're 5-0 down before half time and can't cope with any more.