Saints v Celtic sunday

slf

A totally catastrophic 30 minutes of football. Celtic were ruthless but we didn't half contribute to our own downfall.

We put ourselves under immediate pressure with the decision to take a shy into the middle of the pitch for the first goal and that just kicked off a period of shambolic decisions and the execution of them.

Special mention to Callachan for his part in goals two, three and four, where he's caught dreaming on every occasion.

The handling of Forrest for the fifth was also on a special level of ineptitude.

You need to be strong in the centre of the park and is the manager asking too much of the players he wants to use in there, especially against the top teams?

David Wotherspoon has been here long enough that we know he makes too many stray passes to play in that deep role, he's just too likely to give the ball away; he did it four times in ten minutes after the first goal. He had a decent game against Celtic in the cup on the right and it's those sort of areas he should be playing in.

Glad to have the international break to recover from what has been a bruising few weeks.

39 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

A totally catastrophic 30 minutes of football. Celtic were ruthless but we didn't half contribute to our own downfall.

We put ourselves under immediate pressure with the decision to take a shy into the middle of the pitch for the first goal and that just kicked off a period of shambolic decisions and the execution of them.

Special mention to Callachan for his part in goals two, three and four, where he's caught dreaming on every occasion.

The handling of Forrest for the fifth was also on a special level of ineptitude.

You need to be strong in the centre of the park and is the manager asking too much of the players he wants to use in there, especially against the top teams?

David Wotherspoon has been here long enough that we know he makes too many stray passes to play in that deep role, he's just too likely to give the ball away; he did it four times in ten minutes after the first goal. He had a decent game against Celtic in the cup on the right and it's those sort of areas he should be playing in.

Glad to have the international break to recover from what has been a bruising few weeks.

Our next game is at Motherwell and we know they are a big physical side who like us have not enjoyed the best of starts to the season. This game is going to be a bruiser and will tell us a lot about where we are heading.

I said before the start of the season that we needed two quality central midfielders.One ballwinner to back up Muzz as(because of his style of play)he misses a good few games each season.And a creative holding option to link play..I am still of that opinion..Oh and a hard as nails left sided central defender would not go amiss either 

Curious to know who the 'fan' was who was giving TW protest on Sunday ? Anyone know ? From what I can remember, there was a ringleader in a group of around 15 to right of home dugout, a right loudmouth. Wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

Edited by Left Wing

13 hours ago, Left Wing said:

Curious to know who the 'fan' was who was giving TW protest on Sunday ? Anyone know ? From what I can remember, there was a ringleader in a group of around 15 to right of home dugout, a right loudmouth. Wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

Are you meaning the group in the back row in the front half of the stand to the right of the dugout. I think you might be right didn't see Tommy having a go at him but did see another fan a few rows down. 

He was either very quiet in second half  or left at half time.

On 10/14/2018 at 1:35 PM, Cagey said:

No word from Saints yet on the injury but that would mean communicating with the fans. Not a thing associated with Saints.

Oh wait ,they are on a well deserved holiday again I think.

A few injuries for Motherwell but no mention of Foster.

didnt wanna start a new thread so put it in here as folk moan when saints make o.f games all ticket for saints fans when theres a valid reason but can someone tell me why we cant pay at the gate at easter rd and livi (just a couple of games adertised on the O.S) surely clubs should be doing al they can to attract fans. 

i dont stay in perth so it also adds 2pound onto each ticket cost for postage . on that note why do i pay 2 pound postage for EACH ticket when they all come in one envelope?

8 hours ago, 541ntees said:

didnt wanna start a new thread so put it in here as folk moan when saints make o.f games all ticket for saints fans when theres a valid reason but can someone tell me why we cant pay at the gate at easter rd and livi (just a couple of games adertised on the O.S) surely clubs should be doing al they can to attract fans. 

i dont stay in perth so it also adds 2pound onto each ticket cost for postage . on that note why do i pay 2 pound postage for EACH ticket when they all come in one envelope?

You could have started the Livi match thread :laugh:

Hibs I can understand as they have higher attendances but the Livi one is a joke.  I have a couple of friends who support Livi and one of them recons tickets will be available on the night but I would rather not take the risk of getting stuck in Livi without seeing the football. Not a chance the match should be all ticket and I can't see any reason why it is. 

I can't comment on the postage situation as I have only ever bought tickets one match at a time. Does seem strange though.

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

You could have started the Livi match thread :laugh:

Hibs I can understand as they have higher attendances but the Livi one is a joke.  I have a couple of friends who support Livi and one of them recons tickets will be available on the night but I would rather not take the risk of getting stuck in Livi without seeing the football. Not a chance the match should be all ticket and I can't see any reason why it is. 

I can't comment on the postage situation as I have only ever bought tickets one match at a time. Does seem strange though.

Are the tickets for a specific seat or stand?? Just wondering if they look at the number sold and only open the stands to accommodate that number. 

5 hours ago, mainstand said:

Are the tickets for a specific seat or stand?? Just wondering if they look at the number sold and only open the stands to accommodate that number. 

Got my tickets. Usual great service from the ticket office.

It is the Nordan East Stand Block M and has seats specified. I can't imagine there were will be enough people to fight about seats though.

4 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Got my tickets. Usual great service from the ticket office.

It is the Nordan East Stand Block M and has seats specified. I can't imagine there were will be enough people to fight about seats though.

Noticed that it is a bar code on the tickets so take it they are saving on turnstile attendants. 

Agree its crazy as it might deter folk who decide last minute to head along, or can't be doing with the fuss of sorting out tickets.

I imagine Livi do it as Mainstand implies, so they have a fairly accurate guess on the size of the crowd and can arrange stewards, catering sales staff and products etc accordingly.

I think the Saints Supporters Liaison Officer often has extra tickets for Saints fans who turn up on the day/ night, so don't think anyone would miss out.