Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

I think in any walk of Life it's easy being a Manager when things are going well and your team are performing. It's when things go wrong that you really see who really is the best. How many times have we gone through a really bad spell and Tommy has taken us out the other side ? 5 - 0 down at half time against the Plastics and then to go win three in a row without conceding a goal is some achievement. 

Guest ScottMann

It's not just 4 out of 4, it's been 3 away games, including one against Scotland's form team until we beat them and one against a traditionally big club enjoying a new lease of life...a change of formation and players to suit each game...one game won by scoring early and defending the lead, two by scoring very late after managing the game. No goals conceded and going on to win after missing 3 penalties speaks volumes, especially today. Like everyone, Tommy can make mistakes but he's played a blinder over these games.

It's a squad that's had major changes, age lowered and loads of new faces in key positions so can genuinely be classed as going through the cliched transitional phase. It's been a remarkable little spell after the Celtic humiliation. I wonder if somehow that has actually galvanised everyone in a we're better than that/never again style. Maybe it's starting to click after the natural bedding in period.

Whatever the reasons it's Tommy squad and tactics that are now paying off and I hope he signs his extended contract soon.

26 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

It's not just 4 out of 4, it's been 3 away games, including one against Scotland's form team until we beat them and one against a traditionally big club enjoying a new lease of life...a change of formation and players to suit each game...one game won by scoring early and defending the lead, two by scoring very late after managing the game. No goals conceded and going on to win after missing 3 penalties speaks volumes, especially today. Like everyone, Tommy can make mistakes but he's played a blinder over these games.

It's a squad that's had major changes, age lowered and loads of new faces in key positions so can genuinely be classed as going through the cliched transitional phase. It's been a remarkable little spell after the Celtic humiliation. I wonder if somehow that has actually galvanised everyone in a we're better than that/never again style. Maybe it's starting to click after the natural bedding in period.

Whatever the reasons it's Tommy squad and tactics that are now paying off and I hope he signs his extended contract soon.

Too true

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:58 PM, john.w said:

Tommy had some taxi ride, there is a notice on Facebook for the Baptist Church in Tuktoyaktuk, Pastor Featherstone and Tommy Wright will be at the church tonight:shock:

Had to catch a early flight after Saturday game to get there John hence why he could not hang around for the interview!

St Johnstone making an effort to gain new fans drum up support! If Perth don't support their team then need to look else where!

Amazing how some of the questions being asked on here can be answered now!  ;)