Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

Perhaps we could look at this from Tommy's perspective. Looking for one last job before he goes back to Northern Ireland where he has kept his house. IF for example Scumdee get rid of McIntyre in January and offer Tommy double what he is earning at Saints would SB match that or just let him go. Similarly if Lennon eventually walks would he turn that down and who could blame him.

And so the nightmare begins again in that the board  or chairman kiss a lot of frogs before they find the charmed prince. So in conclusion I would say let's leave the chairman in no doubt that a long term contract for TW is the only option

On 11/16/2018 at 10:05 PM, pringles said:

Perhaps we could look at this from Tommy's perspective. Looking for one last job before he goes back to Northern Ireland where he has kept his house. IF for example Scumdee get rid of McIntyre in January and offer Tommy double what he is earning at Saints would SB match that or just let him go. Similarly if Lennon eventually walks would he turn that down and who could blame him.

And so the nightmare begins again in that the board  or chairman kiss a lot of frogs before they find the charmed prince. So in conclusion I would say let's leave the chairman in no doubt that a long term contract for TW is the only option

Hibs I agree could be a pull, but Dundee??? Come on.

Also I'd have to say, on the subject of frog-kissing, that the board have actually done pretty well when it's come to appointing managers, so it's not as if Tommy's unusual in doing well for us. Our upward trajectory as a club pre-dates Tommy's appointment, so it's not entirely about him.

On 11/16/2018 at 10:05 PM, pringles said:

Dundee! Ha ha. They are skintypoos. 

Only a rich benefactor keeping them going.

They've been there before.

11 hours ago, Balhousie Blue 1884 said:

I’m half pissed at the moment and laughing my moobs off . Did George really want a taxi for Tommy? We’ve never had it so good in my 50 years of watching saints. Best squad ever. COYS 

The sad thing is, next time we go on a run of a few bad results, exactly the same thread will pop up again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 10:17 PM, Center Half said:

Had to catch a early flight after Saturday game to get there John hence why he could not hang around for the interview!

St Johnstone making an effort to gain new fans drum up support! If Perth don't support their team then need to look else where!

Amazing how some of the questions being asked on here can be answered now!  ;)

Tommy must have liked the place he's comin back tonight:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Maybe Stevie getting signed up before Reading come in for him.

Not a hope In Hell he would go there 

Just going on gut instinct and what he said when Lomas left 

Along likes of knowing he would be Sacked after 6 months 

Money isn't Tommy's motivation 

Being happy where he is and settling down where he stays is