Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

4 hours ago, SaintJet said:

It never fails to amaze me the naivety of some fans; Hibs playing gash will pull attendances of 12000. It's simple economics that they have more attraction than St.Johnstone to a prospective manager even if we have our house in order and a strong squad. TW's salary will be doubled probably more and seriously this argument that he has settled lifestyle blah blah blah and wouldn't want to move is pie in the sky.

If Hibs are doing their due diligence there is a standout candidate who knows the league and has a proven track record. 

Better buckle up because if we manage to retain TW if HIbs come calling I'll be shocked!

Hibs could have 20000 fans every week, they won't win the league and their best chance of glory is the Scottish Cup.

The benefits of a bigger wage are offset by the dangers of joining a club that's a complete mess and who dump managers whenever they don't reach their unattainable ambitions 

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Hibs could have 20000 fans every week, they won't win the league and their best chance of glory is the Scottish Cup.

The benefits of a bigger wage are offset by the dangers of joining a club that's a complete mess and who dump managers whenever they don't reach their unattainable ambitions 

So you are saying Tommy wouldn't be interested?

I by no means claim to know the man like his wife. 

But in my capacity of a group organisating Saints events and having the opportunity to meet and chat to him over a pint I can only take from those conversations what I can believe as genuine if which he comes over loud and clear as just that 

In those conversations about why he never went to Millwall ext he is quoted as saying "Why would I do that for 6 months and get the sack" 

He also mentioned teams that would be tempting and there were not very many

Obviously if Man City came in with Mega bugs it might be tempting if you want to be out of work with a big fat wad of cash but no job ie Lomas 

I'm not saying for certain he won't be tempted by, say a Hibs offer, I'm sure he would consider it

But if you have a settled squad, who are signing extensions on the promise of "The Gaffer" staying then I think that's the way he works, stability. Happy and settled home life with a team he is successfully rebuilding 

It is this along with the fact as far as I know that he hasn't even been offered the Hibs Job that he will be our Gaffer for a long time yet

I would be willing to predict that he would be 'put upstairs' in some capacity rather than leaving for better paid job he might not have a year later

Just my view on many conversations with the man himself. 

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

19 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I by no means claim to know the man like his wife. 

But in my capacity of a group organisating Saints events and having the opportunity to meet and chat to him over a pint I can only take from those conversations what I can believe as genuine if which he comes over loud and clear as just that 

In those conversations about why he never went to Millwall ext he is quoted as saying "Why would I do that for 6 months and get the sack" 

He also mentioned teams that would be tempting and there were not very many

Obviously if Man City came in with Mega bugs it might be tempting if you want to be out of work with a big fat wad of cash but no job ie Lomas 

I'm not saying for certain he won't be tempted by, say a Hibs offer, I'm sure he would consider it

But if you have a settled squad, who are signing extensions on the promise of "The Gaffer" staying then I think that's the way he works, stability. Happy and settled home life with a team he is successfully rebuilding 

It is this along with the fact as far as I know that he hasn't even been offered the Hibs Job that he will be our Gaffer for a long time yet

I would be willing to predict that he would be 'put upstairs' in some capacity rather than leaving for better paid job he might not have a year later

Just my view on many conversations with the man himself. 

I must say very encouraging to read this.

I will with great pleasure buy you a pint if this all blows over and TW is still here. 

18 hours ago, SaintJet said:

So you are saying Tommy wouldn't be interested?

The fact is none of us know whether or not he'd be interest - all we can do is speculate. But I think there are quite a few reasons to suspect it probably wouldn't be the right job for him. I'd be a lot more worried if it was the Aberdeen job that was up for grabs.

I think part of the reasoning behind Lennons departure is he felt he was not getting the backing he wanted to try and make hibs a success. With Tommy signing a new contract recently, Brown would be expecting a heavy payment to take Tommy away from us. I cant see Hibs willing to pay it. Personal opinion. They have a number of names who have said they are interested who are currently out of a job. Including Stubbs who was a success with them. Tommy isn't going anywhere

On 1/28/2019 at 4:34 PM, SaintJet said:

I must say very encouraging to read this.

I will with great pleasure buy you a pint if this all blows over and TW is still here. 

So with the liklihood of Hibs appointmenting a Manager from England this week 

Are you prepared to unmask and buy me that pint in  Muirton  Suite 

34 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

So with the liklihood of Hibs appointmenting a Manager from England this week 

Are you prepared to unmask and buy me that pint in  Muirton  Suite 

Most definitely good sir; it looks like Aberdeen home in a couple of weeks if that suits you.

What has happened after the break ?.

We were going merrily along then the break after thumping Dudee & thinking Europe here we come.

The run of fixtures & the time scales were brutal so we had to utilise the pool but why keep changing tactics that had been succesfull

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Go back to the formation and tactics which were working so well, change for the sake of change wasn’t needed. 

Folk were moaning about the performances against Accies and Livingston after the break, so he can't really win. If he hadn't changed shape, he'd have been criticised too.

Hearts played a back four, with Smith taking long throws, against Dundee a few days before they played us. The system we used was wrong on the day but, again, if he doesn't try to combat what he expects from them and we lose goals to them from set pieces or crosses again, he's criticised.

Folk moan about not having a go at Celtic; you saw in the first 10 minutes of the second half yesterday what happens when you go 4-4-2 and press them. I was glad TW had a dig in his post-match interview about that.

No manager gets it right all the time but thankfully we have one that does far more often than not. Also thankfully, most fans appreciate that I think and those that don't frankly wouldn't be happy with any manager we had, it's simply their (footballing perspective) nature.

2 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

Folk were moaning about the performances against Accies and Livingston after the break, so he can't really win. If he hadn't changed shape, he'd have been criticised too.

Hearts played a back four, with Smith taking long throws, against Dundee a few days before they played us. The system we used was wrong on the day but, again, if he doesn't try to combat what he expects from them and we lose goals to them from set pieces or crosses again, he's criticised.

Folk moan about not having a go at Celtic; you saw in the first 10 minutes of the second half yesterday what happens when you go 4-4-2 and press them. I was glad TW had a dig in his post-match interview about that.

No manager gets it right all the time but thankfully we have one that does far more often than not. Also thankfully, most fans appreciate that I think and those that don't frankly wouldn't be happy with any manager we had, it's simply their (footballing perspective) nature.

2 subs from Celtic last week from PSG and Dortmund. That’s what we’re up against. It’s nigh on impossible to get anything from them.

Hearts, Accies and even Rangers we can at least expect to compete. Hopefully having failed to do so with the first two we can improve next Saturday.