Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

10 hours ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

They have far superior players than us.

You think? I reckon the most impressive thing about Steve Clarke's reign has been the way he's managed to get the best out of a very average Scottish Premiership squad (with maybe one or two exceptions). I can't envisage them finishing much higher than us unless they appoint another exceptional manager.

2 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

You think? I reckon the most impressive thing about Steve Clarke's reign has been the way he's managed to get the best out of a very average Scottish Premiership squad (with maybe one or two exceptions). I can't envisage them finishing much higher than us unless they appoint another exceptional manager.

This, absolutely. It was basically the team that he took on when he joined, when they were bottom. The key players like Power and Dicker were moulded by him. 

I don't think they will be top 6 next year with a journeyman like, say, Gary Holt. 

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Power, Dicker and Mulumbu(I know) are better than Saints options imo? Brophy is better than Kane, their LB and RB are better than ours. Our centre backs and Keeper are better imo but that's it.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

This is what I've been guessing at with all the rumours tbh, turned down a concrete job offer with Dunfermline so must have something lined up.

Being tipped on one Twitter feed as a possible replacement for Goodwin at alloa but local press are tipping young from east fife as a replacement. 

Are saints losing any of their coaches? Can Callum.come back as a coach when he was previously asst manager??

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ScottMann

I saw a couple of mentions that Capt Dave had turned down a coaching role with us to go to Dundee. Don't know if they're true or just internet stuff. 

34 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

I saw a couple of mentions that Capt Dave had turned down a coaching role with us to go to Dundee. Don't know if they're true or just internet stuff. 

Can't see where we have a post senior enough for Dave . Maybe to replace the ex Saint(can't remember name) that moved on recently. Steevs Stoves or something.

Guest ScottMann
37 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Can't see where we have a post senior enough for Dave . Maybe to replace the ex Saint(can't remember name) that moved on recently. Steevs Stoves or something.

I honestly haven't a clue. I just it was interesting after earlier chat on here about a new coaching appointment that might have been Callum. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...