Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

37 minutes ago, sasha said:

It’s always been about the coin, I understand using Randoms statement it’s a business but it’s farcical sometimes.

Offering amateur contracts to boys going full time instead of £125 a week. Paying youth coaches £50 per week working out around £3 an hour. Using numerous volunteers to help run the Academy and club. Not replacing a General Manager, which they need desperately etc etc etc

The thought of others going bust by paying top wages is a correct one but surely there has to be a balance. Maybe it’s the plan to go down, take the money and move on.

Could be getting the balance sheet looking healthy to attract a buyer.......

Cannae beat a bit of social media...some more Twitter posts again claiming Tommy has walked, announcement to be made today (Friday) at 12.00  :D

A lot of "in the know" posts getting made, more so over last few weeks but I've yet to see one that has been bang on the money.

Edited by chips

18 hours ago, chips said:

Cannae beat a bit of social media...some more Twitter posts again claiming Tommy has walked, announcement to be made today (Friday) at 12.00  :D

A lot of "in the know" posts getting made, more so over last few weeks but I've yet to see one that has been bang on the money.

Must have the announcement that Zander has extended his contact. Tommy does like a wind up.

46 minutes ago, ejksjfc said:

PEEBLES PUB ALERT..............

Tommy and Richie Foster have had a massive bust up.

This may well be absolute bollocks but I did hear that something has happened between them.

Richard's ego maybe smacked Tommy, fun times in Perth the now, when's bulletproof opening the cheque book, January transfer window by the looks of it

1 hour ago, ejksjfc said:

PEEBLES PUB ALERT..............

Tommy and Richie Foster have had a massive bust up.

This may well be absolute bollocks but I did hear that something has happened between them.

Wouldn't be surprised. Foster a bit of a hothead & probably not happy with things at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

That's petty harsh... we have the nucleus of a decent and exciting side, that needs time and will do just fine with one or two additions..

With a budget far less than most, I cant think of any alternative I'd like in that seat to bring this bunch together as a team. It speaks more than words that players in transition/change, seek out Tommy and want to come back.

He always seems to focus on team culture and dynamics 1st - happy players will play well together with trust ---- results follow.

I think we will do just fine this season and hope with this side,  we will be more entertained than last two years and goals will flow.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Playing bottom club & play one up front. Punt high balls on a windy day to guy who hasn't another team mate within 15 yards.

Black clouds haven't gone Tommy.

Doubt if they will as long as you are manager.

Jesus man, I’ve said this before but you would stumble across gold bars and moan that they were heavy. 

I thought we more than matched Killie today. They scored with their only decent chance and that came from a defensive howler on our part. 

We got caught in possession a couple of times today, and still lack any real support from central midfield, but I actually enjoyed today’s game. I’ve seen us play worse and win. 

33 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Where you getting this from Random??

Its been used as an excuse for the dreadful Summers business, for our dreadful home form for the past three seasons, and the dreadful form we've had in 2019 as a whole.

We're not a small team in this division, and we don't pay less than the vast majority of sides.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Its been used as an excuse for the dreadful Summers business, for our dreadful home form for the past three seasons, and the dreadful form we've had in 2019 as a whole.

We're not a small team in this division, and we don't pay less than the vast majority of sides.

Budgets have income and expenditure

The chairman quoted figures at the open forum for wages being 8th highest excluding bonuses and home crowds being 14th.   There is a differential there before you consider bonuses .

So unless you have seen actual spreadsheets or documents do not think you can comment on were our budget stands in comparison to other teams.