Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Wait a minute. You’re calling for Wright’s head and when asked for a suggestion, you plump for Paul Hartley? Ok from now on, I’ll be disregarding anything you say as total nonsense and lunacy. Thanks for highlighting this. 

He’s on drugs !

paul fuqing Hartley ha ha.

lunatic asylum alert  ,call for the knee naws 

On 10/7/2018 at 6:20 PM, Papa Jack said:

No. He’s built up enough credit with the board and fans to be here for a while yet. 

Aye but fans are loosing patience. All are blinded if they think May is the answer . Kerr overrate. We need a decent partner for may .I can’t stand this 1 up front nonsense .Zander ...dear oh dear some of the goals he is conceding is an embarrassment . 

Big 5 games coming up in the next few weeks, will be a test of where we really are, have to agree with lomas above the one up front at home is terrible, as far too much space between the loan striker and the wing/midfield support, may doesnt look as sharp as before, maybe needs more game time, Callahan was Callahan yesterday, but the biggest worry is the defence and keeper shipping goals, when before we were not much of an attacking threat we were tight at the back, Clark had a few decent saves, but his distribution is awful. Do still think we will have enough to stay up but need to get points on board quickly and will be a test of Tommy's managerial skills, but be careful what you wish for with some of the dross out there looking for manager jobs.

21 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

have to agree with lomas above the one up front at home is terrible

We went 8 games unbeaten last season with just one up front. I take it all the "NEGATIVE TOMMY! FOUR FOUR TWO WINS GAMES" brigade were all absolutely furious we weren't playing two up front up during that?

11 hours ago, LOMAS said:

Aye but fans are loosing patience. All are blinded if they think May is the answer . Kerr overrate. We need a decent partner for may .I can’t stand this 1 up front nonsense .Zander ...dear oh dear some of the goals he is conceding is an embarrassment . 

To be fair, I did post that more than a year ago but I still feel the same.

Weirdly, I feel quite positive about this group of players....I think it has a lot of potential. Tommy just needs to decide how it works over the next 4/5 games when we'll have a bit more of the ball.

As others have mentioned, I would have Kennedy closer to May with MOH and Drey out wide.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

We went 8 games unbeaten last season with just one up front. I take it all the "NEGATIVE TOMMY! FOUR FOUR TWO WINS GAMES" brigade were all absolutely furious we weren't playing two up front up during that?

I never said that one up front is negative or two up is the ideal, but one up front lately hasn't been great and only works if the lone striker gets support not just aimless punts forward to a guy being marked by a couple if six foot giants, when we played at Aberdeen we passed the ball and play was linked up far better with holt pushing up to support may and by him (holt) moving the ball quicker  Kennedy and o'halloran were more productive going forward 

12 hours ago, mainstand said:

The one up front is defensive brigade should look at Celtic and rangers both playing 1 up front and most of the premier league in England all obviously boring defensive teams.:roll:

They play 1 up front but they press high & don't leave one striker on his own with no support within 20 yards & fire high balls against 2 big centre backs.

This is ridiculous. I'd say the only League game we really should have got more points from was Killie at home. Drawing away at Aberdeen & Hibs are both good results. Drawing at home to Livi is ok, but not great. There is no panic yet. I would be hoping for at least a draw on Saturday, which will be a big game in terms of responding after the Rangers game.