Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

1 hour ago, HertsAgain said:

"Shut it down" is the classic position when you have a weak position and can't really argue with reality or the opposing view.  In the context of Saints current predicament, it comes from living in the past.  We won a cup and had some high league finishes under the current manager, which of course was brilliant. However, MOH, Danny and now Stevie back at the club (some multiple times) don't give a sense of moving forward.  I believe that managers and players have a shelf-life at any club, and god knows, we could do with some fresh ideas and perspective now.  As to the question that's always asked - "who would replace Tommy?" - has Paul Sheerin's name been mentioned?  Did a pretty good job with Arbroath when he was there until you could argue he hit the skids with a club not equipped to play in the higher league he got them into.  His record with U20s since has been quite impressive as I understand it.

People should have to suggest valid candidates for the job rather than just saying get rid of Tommy. Paul Sheerin is one of the less daunting I have seen on this thread but is still a huge huge risk.

1 hour ago, HertsAgain said:

"Shut it down" is the classic position when you have a weak position and can't really argue with reality or the opposing view.  In the context of Saints current predicament, it comes from living in the past.  We won a cup and had some high league finishes under the current manager, which of course was brilliant. However, MOH, Danny and now Stevie back at the club (some multiple times) don't give a sense of moving forward.  I believe that managers and players have a shelf-life at any club, and god knows, we could do with some fresh ideas and perspective now.  As to the question that's always asked - "who would replace Tommy?" - has Paul Sheerin's name been mentioned?  Did a pretty good job with Arbroath when he was there until you could argue he hit the skids with a club not equipped to play in the higher league he got them into.  His record with U20s since has been quite impressive as I understand it.

Succesful teams ride out the storm and turn the corner. Look at Dundee last year, how did that work out even if I did enjoy seeing that wee prick McCann getting canned.

I can't believe people are seriously looking at changing our manager when we have enjoyed decent succces under Wright and yes that is staying out of the relegation zone year after year. We have arguably one of the best squads of players we have had for years and moaners who were greeting about us not spending to get Steve May back are now greeting about us being under pressure from a run of and a I agree poor form.

We need to be sticking together and looking more to us turning the corner than all this doom and gloom.

18 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

Succesful teams ride out the storm and turn the corner. Look at Dundee last year, how did that work out even if I did enjoy seeing that wee prick McCann getting canned.

I can't believe people are seriously looking at changing our manager when we have enjoyed decent succces under Wright and yes that is staying out of the relegation zone year after year. We have arguably one of the best squads of players we have had for years and moaners who were greeting about us not spending to get Steve May back are now greeting about us being under pressure from a run of and a I agree poor form.

We need to be sticking together and looking more to us turning the corner than all this doom and gloom.

Worst start to a league campaign in FIFTY THREE YEARS and haven’t won away from home in 15 games. 

It’s at the stage now that you can’t really dress this up any other way 

4 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I wish one of the MODS would get rid of this stupid thread. It's ridic to even be thinking about this line of doom.

There is a long long way to go before we know where this team is headed; last year at his time everyone was excited about how TW had replaced most of the old gaurd and we had an exciting young team on the park. 

I agree that a lot of the stuff on this thread is ridiculous, but we can't go closing threads down just because we disagree with people.

47 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I don't really see why that suggests it's not someone from outside the club.

If it was someone from outside, he'd say something like 'we'd see what options are available at the time, but I have someone in mind'. Otherwise, how would he know the person would both be available and accept the job?

Guest ScottMann
3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

People should have to suggest valid candidates for the job rather than just saying get rid of Tommy.

Why? I've never understood this principle. 

2 hours ago, Linky said:

If it was someone from outside, he'd say something like 'we'd see what options are available at the time, but I have someone in mind'. Otherwise, how would he know the person would both be available and accept the job?

In 10 years time ? :).

4 hours ago, Linky said:

On 8/29/2019 at 10:53 PM, PauloPerth said:

Someone asked if Tommy was pinched by another club tomorrow if he had an idea who he would try to get as a replacement, and SB was quite quick in saying yes.

2 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Promote plan B to Plan A.

Tommy says he has the personel to play 4 -3-3, well sorry to disagree with the gaffer but there was only Stevie May up front on Saturday.........more like 4 - 5 - 1.

Yes. I’m watching Leeds vs West Brom right now and WBA are playing a similar shape, but the difference is, their full backs are getting high up the park and the wide attackers are playing much narrower, almost within the width of the box when attacking. 

Then there’s an attacking midfielder supporting. 

We have our wide men on the touch line. May marooned in the box, and our midfield 30 yards behind. 

Feel like folk have seen TW in charge for so long they're just itching for an opportunity to punt him, purely based on the fact they've not had a good moan in a while and want something changed. Change for the sake of change.

We wont get a better manager than him. That's just an opinion, but nobodies coming in who'll win us a trophy, multiple top six finishes, and multiple victories away from home at bigger clubs. Our current form is poor, we look destined for a relegation fight, and the football isnt great to watch, but I'd be very careful what you wish for here.

One poor transfer window can set you back months. One rash decision on a manager, followed by a poor appointment, can set you back years.

Damned if you do damned if you don't

If you do replace him and it does not work out the cries of I told you we have kept Tommy will be resounding

If you don't and we get relegated to the Championship for a number of years the shouts of I told you we should have replaced him before we got relegated will be echoed around Perth.

Only time will tell.

Most senior clubs are seen as a business and if the manager is failing to get results, he is replaced and his previous record goes out the window as there is no room for sentiment in a business. Are we a business or a family club, who will tailor their budget for what ever division we are in. Will the support and season tickets fall or will supporters stay loyal to the club and Tommy should we fall?

5 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Damned if you do damned if you don't

If you do replace him and it does not work out the cries of I told you we have kept Tommy will be resounding

If you don't and we get relegated to the Championship for a number of years the shouts of I told you we should have replaced him before we got relegated will be echoed around Perth.

Only time will tell.

Most senior clubs are seen as a business and if the manager is failing to get results, he is replaced and his previous record goes out the window as there is no room for sentiment in a business. Are we a business or a family club, who will tailor their budget for what ever division we are in. Will the support and season tickets fall or will supporters stay loyal to the club and Tommy should we fall?

True supporters will still stay .

Managers like all staff and players are merely passing through.

Chairmen/owners are only custodians of the club.

Supporters are for life.

23 hours ago, ScottMann said:

Why? I've never understood this principle. 

To see if people are actually thinking about what they are saying. Very easy to just say change it, Dundee did that last season and still went down. If anyone is so convinced that Tommy should go they must have some idea of who they would want in to replace him.

This is how it works...... we have some terrible results atm - many manager and agents will have already contacted the chairman, pro-offering their services/clients/suggestions.

WHEN the chairman has someone in mind / lined up - TW will walk the plank.

TW is not leaving .....he is getting sacked.

That's how it will work.,

7 hours ago, MySpazz said:

This is how it works...... we have some terrible results atm - many manager and agents will have already contacted the chairman, pro-offering their services/clients/suggestions.

WHEN the chairman has someone in mind / lined up - TW will walk the plank.

TW is not leaving .....he is getting sacked.

That's how it will work.,

You missed out the line UNLESS HE TURNS IT AROUND! or are you just discounting that theory??