Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

5 minutes ago, perthandproud said:

When does the managers contract run out?

Say we were to get 500k in compensation, would it be worth it then? Baring in mind a few weeks ago some people were calling for him to go which could have cost us 500k(I'm plucking numbers out of thin air for the sake of representing a figure)

Its an interesting dilemma 

2022 I'm sure.

We shouldn't stand in his way if he wants it, he doesnt deserve to be treated like that.

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Why would you be excited about the most successful manager in our history leaving the club?

Why wouldnt you be?

We'll play two up front every week once he leaves, and wont be afraid of the Old Firm anymore. Probably play youngsters too instead of pensioners.

Edited by RandomGuy

2 minutes ago, jhq said:

Idiot 1.

Idiot 2.

If you think RandomGuy’s post is anything but dripping in sarcasm then you’ve been totally taken for a sucker by it. 

Cagey as always is chatting nonsense though, so you’re right with 1 out of 2. 

11 minutes ago, Widge said:

If you think RandomGuy’s post is anything but dripping in sarcasm then you’ve been totally taken for a sucker by it. 

Cagey as always is chatting nonsense though, so you’re right with 1 out of 2. 

Tommy has over 2 years left of his contract so think what compo we would save & we might even get some compo. Best wishes Tommy.

Looks like O'Neill is staying in charge of NI for their final two qualifiers against Germany and the Netherlands and, if NI end up in a play off for Euro 2020 in March, will be in charge for that game too.

Nae luck Tommy haters - it seems he'll be sticking around for a while yet.

43 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Tommy has over 2 years left of his contract so think what compo we would save & we might even get some compo. Best wishes Tommy.

To be honest I think having the security of a good manager is of a lot more value to Saints than getting a bit of compensation.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

We don’t need the money, we need a manger who knows the current squad inside out and has a proven pedigree of getting results in this league. 

How about this as a response question. If Wright goes who do you think is coming in that is a) as good as him b) guaranteed to learn the squad quickly and keep us safe. 

16 minutes ago, Widge said:

We don’t need the money, we need a manger who knows the current squad inside out and has a proven pedigree of getting results in this league. 

How about this as a response question. If Wright goes who do you think is coming in that is a) as good as him b) guaranteed to learn the squad quickly and keep us safe. 

9 minutes ago, Indicator said:

Lucky that was a rhetorical question because I can't see you getting many sensible answers.

There isnt an answer.

But how many people wouldve said similar after Coyle, McInnes and then Lomas?

Northern Ireland aren't going to have to appoint until the end of the season, but might want to line someone up now. After their recent success I'd imagine they'd be looking for a bigger name, but who knows.

I wouldn't want him to leave, but far better for him to go to that job than another in the SPL like Hearts or Hibs.