Taxi for Tommy?

George Grieve

1 hour ago, George Grieve said:

After another embarrassing display of tactical ineptitude and poor player choices.....is it time for new leadership?

It's only a couple of bad games against the best teams in the league. If anyone deserves time its Tommy.

Edited by Broon

No Tommy should not go or be punted however I am a bit concerned that our total coaching and management staff are all Goalkeepers or defenders and we put in a display again like that.

Get a mid field and attacker coach in to explain how to do these jobs and also give the defenders a clue as to what opposing midfielders and attackers do.

Edited by Templar Saint

I’d like to give a special mention to the many on here that have constantly slaughtered our older players and shouted for them to be punted every season, despite always being competitive and numerous top six finishes.

To the point where a lot of folk got their wish, and we’ve now got a team with the heart of a pea, absolutely spineless. 

So if I was Alan Mannus, Fraser Wright, Steven Anderson, Chris Millar, Steven MacLean etc I’d be sitting laughing like **** at that first half performance today. 

Careful what you wish for. 

I would rather judge our performances against the ‘lesser’ teams, imperative that we pick up our points there! 

Not much to smile about today, except despite being 5 goals down the match day officials were still intent in awarding ‘Tic everything... only surprise no penalty award!!  Realistically to get a result against the ‘ugly sisters’ you have to be firing on all cylinders..

This was always going to be a transitional year for us... 

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I’d like to give a special mention to the many on here that have constantly slaughtered our older players and shouted for them to be punted every season, despite always being competitive and numerous top six finishes.

To the point where a lot of folk got their wish, and we’ve now got a team with the heart of a pea, absolutely spineless. 

So if I was Alan Mannus, Fraser Wright, Steven Anderson, Chris Millar, Steven MacLean etc I’d be sitting laughing like **** at that first half performance today. 

Careful what you wish for. 

Mannus,Wright and Macca all chose to leave,so don’t think they’ll be laughing

3 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Mannus,Wright and Macca all chose to leave,so don’t think they’ll be laughing

Yes they did, but I wonder how much their decisions were influenced by the constant criticism. 

I guess the point was more the lack of appreciation for how solid and committed a team we had.  Light years away from the past few weeks.

1 hour ago, south inch said:

After the Betfred Cup game, when we parked the bus, there were plenty on here demanding we have a go at Celtic next time.  Well we did and look where it got us, give Tommy a break he certainly deserves one.  As for claiming Celtic are p**s poor, how many international players did they start today?

Except we did not have a go! Did not make tackles, poor passing, no leadership on pitch, not aggressive enough Etc etc. It was a slightly more attack minded formation which had potential to hit on the break but all that disappeared at kick off. Our players lacked commitment, tactical awareness but most of all lacked ability to play at this level. Nothing to do with being defensively or offensively set up we were just a very poor excuse of a football team today and it was embarrassing to watch. Some one else has said this already but where’s the apology to the fans?

10 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes they did, but I wonder how much their decisions were influenced by the constant criticism. 

I guess the point was more the lack of appreciation for how solid and committed a team we had.  Light years away from the past few weeks.

I can't recall widespread criticism of these players.  And I very much doubt they pay much attention to criticism anyway.  They are professional footballers whao are very well aware of how fickle your average fan can be.  And I'd be shocked if they laughed at Saints - all the players you mention have always held the club in high regard.

As for the question put by the OP, no TW should not be sacked.  He has had a sticky patch in every season here and has always turned it around and I'm confident he will again.

This is a non subject for me. If we were marooned at the foot of the league that's a different story - not many managers would be getting away with shipping 5 and 6 to any team. I have confidence that we will get going soon but we need to get back to our closing down style of play.

I would also say that we have been unlucky with the fixtures too - Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts and Celtic twice doesn't leave any room for anything than your best.