Saints Tv

saint-johns-toun

10 hours ago, california_saintee said:

I signed up. It's probably too much to hope that the Dundee game this weekend is included live, right? Would be nice to avoid putting my cash in their pockets.

I dont believe so, we will still have to feed Dundee our dollaroonies.

Im hearing January through the grapevine......

On 12/20/2018 at 8:53 AM, Shaggy Jenkins said:

I susspect this is asking to much bit is there a mobile app that goes along with this?

No app, but you can definitely, 100%, use the site via your phone internet (Chrome etc.), just used it there and video quality is good. 

You have to select the HD button then select the highest number, as the default setting is the lowest quality and makes the video grainy.

Sorry if you already knew that.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

No app, but you can definitely, 100%, use the site via your phone internet (Chrome etc.), just used it there and video quality is good. 

You have to select the HD button then select the highest number, as the default setting is the lowest quality and makes the video grainy.

Sorry if you already knew that.

Thank you. I was asking as if there was an app as it would of been easier to watch on the big telly. I guess I could always cast it up to it from another device but its a bit of a faff and drains battery. or get a remote that makes chrome easier to use on the android box #thirdworldproblems :laugh:

1 hour ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Thank you. I was asking as if there was an app as it would of been easier to watch on the big telly. I guess I could always cast it up to it from another device but its a bit of a faff and drains battery. or get a remote that makes chrome easier to use on the android box #thirdworldproblems :laugh:

I’m going to connect my iPad to tv and watch it that way, iPad will be charging at same time.

On 12/24/2018 at 7:00 PM, Cagey said:

Can't even see the interviews now without subscribing to Saints TV.

Well done Saints. Shyte communications getting worse.

On 12/24/2018 at 8:39 PM, Papa Jack said:

As MS says, there's a minute ish of the interview available and the rest on Saints TV. I think that's been advertised as what was going to happen...not sure what the problem is with that?

If I'm picking it up right, then I think it's poor to be honest with you.

Matches and additional content about womens/ reserves etc fair enough, but we now have to pay to hear what players and manager say after a game?!  A lot of folk already fork out £320 for a season ticket, pay out a lot of money at games, and travelling to away matches, but we only get to hear the full comments about performances from the manager/ players if we pay an extra £60?

I think smaller clubs like ourselves have to be careful we don't make information about our club too inaccessible. We should almost be going the other way to keep the club to the forefront of local people's attention.  There's plenty of competition for younger folks attention from bigger clubs if we make info harder/ more expensive to access.

Possibly too late for this season, but I think season ticket holders/ regular match attenders should get access to all first team related interviews etc for free.  Extended match highlights, live games, content on the other squads should be subscription like everyone else.

On a positive, I think it's good the club are getting this going.

Separate issue, how does it work in terms of live matches?

I will be working away and miss a couple of matches in the new year;  will I only get home games and have to buy individual away matches from opposition tv as is currently the case,  or do Saints tv have reciprocal agreement with other clubs' tv to make away matches available on Saints tv?

20 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

If I'm picking it up right, then I think it's poor to be honest with you.

Matches and additional content about womens/ reserves etc fair enough, but we now have to pay to hear what players and manager say after a game?!  A lot of folk already fork out £320 for a season ticket, pay out a lot of money at games, and travelling to away matches, but we only get to hear the full comments about performances from the manager/ players if we pay an extra £60?

I think smaller clubs like ourselves have to be careful we don't make information about our club too inaccessible. We should almost be going the other way to keep the club to the forefront of local people's attention.  There's plenty of competition for younger folks attention from bigger clubs if we make info harder/ more expensive to access.

Possibly too late for this season, but I think season ticket holders/ regular match attenders should get access to all first team related interviews etc for free.  Extended match highlights, live games, content on the other squads should be subscription like everyone else.

On a positive, I think it's good the club are getting this going.

It's a good question on pricing.....how do you make it viable without making it unattractive to the end user. I think we need to get the supporter to pay something for the content or why would Saints pay for the outlay. Working something round season ticket pricing sounds like a good solution.

16 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I will be working away and miss a couple of matches in the new year;  will I only get home games and have to buy individual away matches from opposition tv as is currently the case,  or do Saints tv have reciprocal agreement with other clubs' tv to make away matches available on Saints tv?

I've not read the schpiel closely enough but I thought you couldn't watch any Saints games online (in the UK) during "game time". I thought the UK subscription for the game "as live" unless you stay overseas. To be fair to Saints, this has probably been explained on the website...I've just not read it properly.

Apologies if I've got that totally wrong

4 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

I've not read the schpiel closely enough but I thought you couldn't watch any Saints games online (in the UK) during "game time". I thought the UK subscription for the game "as live" unless you stay overseas. To be fair to Saints, this has probably been explained on the website...I've just not read it properly.

That's my understanding as well.  But I thought there was a way round it with a VPN (?) which hides your home location or something. More tech minded people can maybe clear that up..

It's a great thing for exiles especially; when I lived away I would have loved something like this to keep in touch with what's going on at Saints.  Nightmares about 'clubcall' from the nineties!

As you say, it's a balance between encouraging new income without alienating the existing support. If live matches are not officially available to Saints fans in this country, is it fair they pay the same amount?

Personally think it should be available to all season ticket holders for £15 a season if the going rate is £60 per season. For regular match attenders who are non ST holders it's a tough one to manage, as we don't have a membership type system where you swipe in at every game to record that they go.

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

TWs interview at the weekend was 49 seconds long for people without a subscription. For those with a subscription, it's 4 minutes.

Depends on how much waffle you want to listen to.

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I've always assumed other clubs provide the feed, I've been able to stream the same game from two different sources before (Aberdeens RedTv, and RangersTv), and the pictures were the exact same. 

5 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

That's my understanding as well.  But I thought there was a way round it with a VPN (?) which hides your home location or something. More tech minded people can maybe clear that up...

They're not allowed to broadcast games live at 3 o'clock on a Saturday in the UK, I believe. Overseas customers should be able to watch it live though.

I'd hope games on Sundays/Midweek would be available to view live from the UK, but I think that's up to the club, they might decide it'll put people off going to the match so they won't do it.

UK users can use a VPN which lets you select a IP address from another country, allowing you to watch it live.

On 12/30/2018 at 3:32 AM, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Casting HTML5 video shouldn't drain the battery. The stream metadata gets handed off to the chromecast/tv, and the phone just handles remote control. Ditto for Airplay from an iPhone. 

7 hours ago, sleepless said:

they should offer season tickets with Saints TV subscription added. Make it cheaper than the subscription only and you might attract locals to sign up to Saints TV. Us exiles will sign up anyway.

I think this is a good idea.

A small club like saints will need to be able to charge for this extra content, at least enough to cover the production costs. I think 5 quid a month to get better media coverage for our club is worth it, but that's just me. 

I'm not sure we have enough expats in the saints support to cover anything significant for the costs of this extended media coverage so without the far larger support paying something for this, it probably won't be viable is my guess.

I think for next season, having as an add-on for all season tickets, with a discount, is the solid path forward and could generate some much better sign up rate. Also, with some sales savvy, you could sell some advertising on this site, I think you will potentially have a lot more traffic than our regular website.

----------

One final comment, (if anyone at saints is reading this!) is you have to see our wee club a bit like a charity,  its not really a business generating profits for our owners. So the more transparency to things like this would help. So for SaintsTV, communicate sales updates and ask for support, you have our e-mails:

{communication} "We have 150 x (120 quid) expats signed up, 350 regional saints x (5 quid/month), so around 40k/year. Our production costs are 75k all in for the full time person, plus editing, equipment (whatever other costs come with this). Please can all our support push others to sign up so we can try and break even for this service and keep it going, also we are now offering ad space for this site, so please spread the word and connect us with businesses or rich uncles!!" Happy New Year!

40 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

As a UK resident I see nothing of value in subscribing to it unfortunately. Great for the exiles though.

Can get free highlights on the BBC and the manager and players speak to the press enough.

The highlights for the recent game against Dundee were just shy of 10 minutes long, a huge improvement on what BBC/SPFL offer, I reckon.

You also get the youth/reserve highlights.

Totally understand people who don't see the value in paying £60 a year for that, and agree it's mostly benefiting those overseas, though.

On 12/31/2018 at 11:14 AM, PauloPerth said:

of money at games, and travelling to away matches, but we only get to hear the full comments about performances from the manager/ players if we pay an extra £60?

You will be able to get the comments of the manager on BBC.