Saints Tv

saint-johns-toun

On 12/31/2018 at 4:02 PM, PauloPerth said:

That's my understanding as well.  But I thought there was a way round it with a VPN (?) which hides your home location or something. More tech minded people can maybe clear that up..

Would be interested to know if anyone in the UK actually manages to do this. In order to subscribe to the service you need to provide your home address and bank details, so even with tech trickery it may be difficult signing up for an international account if you're based in the UK.

I agree that a subscription, or perhaps a discount on the subscription, should be available with season tickets. Then again, I think the main appeal of this service is for people who live too far away to get a season ticket or go to regular matches. Interviews etc are still easily accessible for free through other media so I don't think it's a big deal that the club are asking people to pay for those.

Question for those who have already signed up - how quickly after full-time do full matches/highlights appear?

43 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Would be interested to know if anyone in the UK actually manages to do this. In order to subscribe to the service you need to provide your home address and bank details, so even with tech trickery it may be difficult signing up for an international account if you're based in the UK.

I agree that a subscription, or perhaps a discount on the subscription, should be available with season tickets. Then again, I think the main appeal of this service is for people who live too far away to get a season ticket or go to regular matches. Interviews etc are still easily accessible for free through other media so I don't think it's a big deal that the club are asking people to pay for those.

Question for those who have already signed up - how quickly after full-time do full matches/highlights appear?

Midnight on the day of the game 

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

As Pat says, within 24 hours......I watched the full Dundee game again on the Sunday morning.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

When signing up you can buy the international version as a 'gift' which will allow you to see the live 3pm games (using a VPN). This will mean that they won't connect where the stream appears to be being accessed from to the billing address that was used.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:14 AM, PauloPerth said:

If I'm picking it up right, then I think it's poor to be honest with you.

Matches and additional content about womens/ reserves etc fair enough, but we now have to pay to hear what players and manager say after a game?!  A lot of folk already fork out £320 for a season ticket, pay out a lot of money at games, and travelling to away matches, but we only get to hear the full comments about performances from the manager/ players if we pay an extra £60?

I think smaller clubs like ourselves have to be careful we don't make information about our club too inaccessible. We should almost be going the other way to keep the club to the forefront of local people's attention.  There's plenty of competition for younger folks attention from bigger clubs if we make info harder/ more expensive to access.

Possibly too late for this season, but I think season ticket holders/ regular match attenders should get access to all first team related interviews etc for free.  Extended match highlights, live games, content on the other squads should be subscription like everyone else.

On a positive, I think it's good the club are getting this going.

I think there's additional revenue from overseas fans of whoever we're playing. I don't know how they're handling the reciprocals, but there was some mention of away games being included, and I think that's true for folk who're paying for Celtic/Aberdeen/Hearts TV etc.

Any news on who's doing the Saints TV live commentary?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Can I get it in Cyprus. And when will it begin transmissions. Will I be able to pay in euros. Sorry for all the questions 

As far as we know, it's available to anyone in the world. 

First live match will be on Wednesday, 23rd, 7:45 UK time.

I'm not sure how they work out what you pay in other countries, hopefully an overseas subscriber can clarify it. You've to enter your country before choosing your package, so it maybe changes to your local currency after setting up your account, but that's just guesswork.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

As far as we know, it's available to anyone in the world. 

First live match will be on Wednesday, 23rd, 7:45 UK time.

I'm not sure how they work out what you pay in other countries, hopefully an overseas subscriber can clarify it. You've to enter your country before choosing your package, so it maybe changes to your local currency after setting up your account, but that's just guesswork.

To anyone in the world ?.

I think It's a straight 120 quid, or 12 monthly anywhere, and your payment method converts to whatever currency your card is registered in. That's how mine worked.

Not sure if it's possible to pay with a uk credit card though, even if abroad, as it may reference back to the uk card address on file. No idea though, may just look at your physical web location/country of log in.

18 minutes ago, Saintly Child said:

Anyone else finding it pretty amateur, The picture is pre 1980 quality and the content is as bad as the Saints TV after Ross left. How do you unsubscribe, I don't think it's worth the money. 

Have you changed the setting for the image? When you're watching, click on the HD button at the bottom right and choose the highest number.

For some reason it defaults on the lowest.