Fakes next whats the feeling

john.w

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Missed 3 sitters & 2 pens.

Thought their pen might have been given as I think there was contact. At 0-0 that could have changed the game.

Think that's the first time we have had a break from a ref called Dallas.

Yes I thought it was a penalty at the time as well, be interested to see it back.

St Mirren were garbage. We were in total command the vast majority of the game and yet I didn't think we played particularly well. We were average and that was good enough to totally dominate.

Wright once again impressed, I thought Davidson took control of the midfield after his booking. Everyone else mainly got pass marks but weren't particularly tested. Watt had a bit of a nightmare, but these games happen.

A very good three points.

Real game of 2 halves.. First was awful, certainly entertainment wise. The quality was piss poor from both side.. We had a couple of chances, Samson made one brilliant save. The Midden should have had a penalty but thankfully , the ref, Andrew "diddy" Dallas ****ed it up and booked their player for simulation.. The second half was a totally different affair. I really enjoyed it . Tony Watt missed an golden chance to open the scoring with a miss that will you will have to see to believe, Spoony then opened the scoring before it got really crazy. We got a penalty, Liam asks Tony Watt if he fancies taking it. He does.. and Samson saves it, Then we get ANOTHER spot kick.. This time Liam asks no-one and takes it himself only to endanger aircraft by blazing it miles over the bar. Now on another day this could easily have come back to bite us on the ass but to be honest, St.Mirren we awful, really really awful. Matty Kennedy then sealed the deal after great work from Jason Kerr.. Delighted to get the 3 points and very well entertained in the second half.. #COYS

Guest ScottMann

Good old football. Would have been happy with 2-0 before the game but end up with the only 2 feeling! The Buddies weren't certainly weren't playing better than their position anyway. Can't beat a Saturday night after a win. Good stuff Saints.

I’ll start with the ref and going by the “Off the ball “ rules which says you can only slag the ref when you win.......1) Muzz was down injured for at least 3 minutes yet no first half injury time. 2) St Mirren probably should have had a penalty. 3) Matty Willock should have been sent off (probably twice!!) 3) Murray gets booked for a perfectly good tackle. 4) just to prove I’m not just having a go at the arsehole who is Andrew Dallas he did well in booking McGinn a long time after his foul when he played advantage.

I personally thought overall we were pretty poor today especially first half. The second half was much better but we probably should have won by a much bigger margin. Tony Watt was poor today and considering what had gone before he should never have been allowed to take the penalty. Matty Kennedy was good. Muzz was his usual despite getting a clear elbow early on. All in a good day, I hope I am not putting  jinx on it but I think we are going to take maximum points up to the next international break.

Missed a great opportunity to address our Goal Difference today .

Without being at our best, we could & should have won by 6 clear goals.

This must be the poorest Fakes team I have witnessed in a long time.

As regards their claim for a spot kick, I have seen Refs. giving them for less contact and refusing them for more.

Was it a penalty?

Don't think so, as their no.18 (Mullen?) was guilty of throwing himself to the turf a couple of times prior to the claim and continued to do so afterwards.

Edited by HOODLUM65

1 minute ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Missed a great opportunity to address our Goal Difference today .

Without being at our best, we could & should have won by 6 clear goals.

This must be the poorest Fakes team I have witnessed in a long time.

As regards their claim for a spot kick, I have seen Refs. giving them for less contact and refusing them for more.

Was it a penalty?

Don't think 

100% a penalty  Tony.. Was right in front of us.. Kerr clearly  caught him.. About time we  got a break but stonewaller mate