Sign in to follow this  
Cagey

Stefan Scougall

Recommended Posts

Should the fans be told why Scougall is not being selected for match days squads ?.

Given that Tommy fought so hard to get him here I wouldn't have thought he would have totally given up on him.

I notice Tommy is never asked on Saints TV if he is injured.

I don't suppose he is high profile enough for the press to ask , although the courier should be up on local news.

I don't expect the fans to be told if there was any indiscretion but would think some indication should be given on why a player who many supporters like Tommy were desperate to see sign for Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Should the fans be told why Scougall is not being selected for match days squads ?.

Given that Tommy fought so hard to get him here I wouldn't have thought he would have totally given up on him.

I notice Tommy is never asked on Saints TV if he is injured.

I don't suppose he is high profile enough for the press to ask , although the courier should be up on local news.

I don't expect the fans to be told if there was any indiscretion but would think some indication should be given on why a player who many supporters like Tommy were desperate to see sign for Saints.

Do you think it’s because of the new signings? I heard he’s on £2000 a week ... do you think they are trying to force him off the books? I don’t think there is any indiscretion...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wondered if there was some sort of personal issue that the club doesn't want brought up and have agreed with reporters not to bring it up.

If not, I would have expected someone to bring it up by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Should the fans be told why Scougall is not being selected for match days squads ?.

Given that Tommy fought so hard to get him here I wouldn't have thought he would have totally given up on him.

I notice Tommy is never asked on Saints TV if he is injured.

I don't suppose he is high profile enough for the press to ask , although the courier should be up on local news.

I don't expect the fans to be told if there was any indiscretion but would think some indication should be given on why a player who many supporters like Tommy were desperate to see sign for Saints.

I see what you are saying but there are other players at the Club aswell who will not be selected for one reason or another for the first team squad. Would not want the manager to come out and say something about the reason for not playing him which could affect his future career. That is surely something which is between the club and the player. 

I think if it was something that the player wanted released or publicised then the player would have friends/agent that would let the press know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I see what you are saying but there are other players at the Club aswell who will not be selected for one reason or another for the first team squad. Would not want the manager to come out and say something about the reason for not playing him which could affect his future career. That is surely something which is between the club and the player. 

I think if it was something that the player wanted released or publicised then the player would have friends/agent that would let the press know. 

I hear what you are saying MS but I can understand McCann & McClean & a few others not getting on the bench but for a guy that Tommy tracked for ages & spoke highly of to not even get on the bench for the last 6 or 7 games seems strange.

It just leads to guys like me speculating which I can't do as I don't have the faintest idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I hear what you are saying MS but I can understand McCann & McClean & a few others not getting on the bench but for a guy that Tommy tracked for ages & spoke highly of to not even get on the bench for the last 6 or 7 games seems strange.

It just leads to guys like me speculating which I can't do as I don't have the faintest idea.

I know what you are saying cagey. I know he played in the last reserve game ao i suppose that shows that he is training.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 7:24 AM, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Someone with close connections to the club told me that there is virtually no way back for Scougall (He would not elaborate when I asked him why) and that he would almost certainly be away in January.

No way back suggests something has happened and he's burned his bridges. Obviously exact circumstances will never openly be revealed but there's no excuse for treating the fans with disdain by consigning the guy to the 'he who must never be mentioned' category. There's loads of little white lies aka PR spin they could come out with to cover his disappearance that'd take the heat out of the situation. Not ideal but better than the North Korean approach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just asking exactly the same thing as Cagey.  

We seem to all accept that he won't be in our starting team just now. He hasn't even been near a squad for a couple of months. And yet none of us really question it. I may have missed news or a statement on him, if so I'd be delighted to be put straight.

The rumours on here are that there's been a big fall out with the manager, and he won't feature again, and will likely be offloaded in January. This may be true, or it might be as simple as him being injured and unavailable.

My point is, don't we have a right to know?  Shouldn't journalists be asking the question?  When Kenny Miller, Michael O'Halloran or Leigh Griffiths are frozen out, its all over the media.

He's one of our bigger earners, he was our biggest signings of the previous summer, and he's an attack minded player who's not featuring for a team that has scored 8 goals in 9 league games. 

I'm not suggesting he should be a guaranteed starter, but I think he's easily good enough to be in the squad, and deserves a chance to fight for his place.

I know Saints like to keep things within the club, but I think paying supporters have a right to know what's going on with players.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kim Jong Broom will dictate to us mere plebs, it's none of our f#cking business,  very poor way to treat it's paying customers.   Start a petition ' Where is Stefan'.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GMac said:

Kim Jong Broom will dictate to us mere plebs, it's none of our f#cking business,  very poor way to treat it's paying customers.   Start a petition ' Where is Stefan'.  

Was their not going to be a more open system to replace the secret seven to involve & inform the supporters ?.

Must have imagined it as I seen nothing about it this season.

If Craig is still in the team after a very public verbal with Tommy then Scougall must have got on steps & belted Tommy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

After the Craig incident Tommy was very quick to say that there was nothing to apologise about as they both just got over it and got on with it.

After reading that I certainly have no idea what Scougall could have possibly done. It is a strange one.

A good summary of the situation.  As you say its a strange one.  I am afraid that the silence on Scougall's position leads inevitably to the conclusion that something serious has happened.  If indeed that is the case then I can understand the silence but if not then the Club has to say something to stop unnecessary or unfair (to Scougall) speculation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There doesn’t need to be speculation, if Tommy reckons he’s not worth a pool place, he’s paid to make those decisions, I think he’s a great wee player, but I’m not going to lose sleep over the manager having different opinion, and I don’t feel the need to be told anything, other than the squad for each game, based on TW’s thoughts, after watching training every day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave mc said:

There doesn’t need to be speculation, if Tommy reckons he’s not worth a pool place, he’s paid to make those decisions, I think he’s a great wee player, but I’m not going to lose sleep over the manager having different opinion, and I don’t feel the need to be told anything, other than the squad for each game, based on TW’s thoughts, after watching training every day 

Exactly dave and as for previous comments about we are customers and fans and deserve to know etc.  I am a customer at Tescos but I don't expect to be told why they are changing a manager or why someone did not get promotion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I am a customer at Tescos but I don't expect to be told why they are changing a manager or why someone did not get promotion. 

Are you seriously suggesting what goes on at Tesco is relevant and similar to what happens at a football club MS ?!

So if Zander Clark is missing for the next 6 matches and there's no explanation or announcement of injury, it's fine, we have no reason to know why?

If the club announce Tommy Wright is sacked tomorrow morning and Scott Tanser is taking over as player manager, just accept it, we've no need to know why because Tesco wouldn't tell you if they had a new Head of Bakery Section?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did we get told why Totten was sacked?We don’t need to be told anything that the club don’t want us to know,maybe it’s a personal problem,or a public offence or criminal offence,we’re not due any explanation,just like if you’re not turning up for work,you’re entitled to privacy for the  reason 

Edited by dave mc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Did we get told why Totten was sacked?We don’t need to be told anything that the club don’t want us to know,maybe it’s a personal problem,or a public offence or criminal offence,we’re not due any explanation,just like if you’re not turning up for work,you’re entitled to privacy for the  reason 

Yes that's fair enough if it's a personal issue then we don't need to be told. 

I still hope that he's maybe just been injured and will be back in the squad sooner rather than later..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Are you seriously suggesting what goes on at Tesco is relevant and similar to what happens at a football club MS ?!

So if Zander Clark is missing for the next 6 matches and there's no explanation or announcement of injury, it's fine, we have no reason to know why?

If the club announce Tommy Wright is sacked tomorrow morning and Scott Tanser is taking over as player manager, just accept it, we've no need to know why because Tesco wouldn't tell you if they had a new Head of Bakery Section?

Comparing football to a normal business is ridiculous. You can only compare it to another sport, if anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes that's fair enough if it's a personal issue then we don't need to be told. 

I still hope that he's maybe just been injured and will be back in the squad sooner rather than later..

He played sixty minutes in a reserve match a couple of weeks ago. If he was injured he would have been listed with the others but has never once been mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Did we get told why Totten was sacked?We don’t need to be told anything that the club don’t want us to know,maybe it’s a personal problem,or a public offence or criminal offence,we’re not due any explanation,just like if you’re not turning up for work,you’re entitled to privacy for the  reason 

I am sure Totten got sacked because Geoff thought he wasn't bringing on young players. Just as well Geoff is not in charge now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this