Hibs vs Saints 03/11/18 Game 12

ss75990

15 minutes ago, south inch said:

577, I was in the West Stand being entertained by a Hibee pal.

I made it through yo Easter road couldn't walk due to a fall earlier at football and ended up giving tickets away to 2 saunter fans. 

Great result even better when like me you work in Leith. Going to be a nice week in the office. Great win.

4 hours ago, scott1982 said:

Looked great on the ball when we went 4-3-1-2. Swanson and Wright were killing it with their pace. 

Agreed. Having 3 players who can play the attacking midfield role who are as effective as Kennedy, Wright and Swanson will kill teams this season. Wright was absolutely everywhere yesterday but his ability to pick the ball up deep and drive us forward is absolutely priceless. Kennedy tends to slow the game down a bit more but he’s very dangerous on the break and gets in good positions to score and Swanson is a horrible player to defend against. If we could find a way to get all 3 into the team alongside Watt - who has shocked me with just how effective he is in his own up top - we could be in for a special season. 

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Agreed. Having 3 players who can play the attacking midfield role who are as effective as Kennedy, Wright and Swanson will kill teams this season. Wright was absolutely everywhere yesterday but his ability to pick the ball up deep and drive us forward is absolutely priceless. Kennedy tends to slow the game down a bit more but he’s very dangerous on the break and gets in good positions to score and Swanson is a horrible player to defend against. If we could find a way to get all 3 into the team alongside Watt - who has shocked me with just how effective he is in his own up top - we could be in for a special season. 

Agree with all that & would add that I think Liam is doing a great job as holding midfield & protecting back 4. Think that is his best position now & hope we don't see him left midfield again.

It appears a nice bit of business over the close season. For once. We were far too predictable, a fairly pedestrian 4-4-2, but these lads, allowing for injuries/ form etc give us a new dimension,  something we've lacked for a while. Pace out wide & can track back if we need cover. Lovely. Watt looks a beauty, and not a prima-donna. TW now has the luxury of various formations. Shame about Khashoggi Scougall, he'd have done well feeding those options (I don't mean breastmilk btw), not sure where Wotherspoon sits in this evolving system?

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

The thing is, Tommy has shown clearly that he is a 'horses for courses' guy this season.  Players will drop in and out depending on the opposition.  

After 12 league games we've already given starts to 20 different players.

Is he the Scottish "Tinkerman"??? I think a fair bit of credit is due to Broony. It was apparent that the squad needed a re-shuffle. We just didn't have any options to mix it. Now we do. Khashoggi/ Scougall was a a blow, for whatever reason,  but Broon & TW have shown they work with limited budgets. I would certainly give him another 3 yrs. Right now.

Edited by Melbourne Saint