Stjohnstone v Hamilton

slf

I don’t get the calls for Swanson to start. I don’t think anyone deserves to be dropped right now and he was very effective off the bench against Hibs. He’s got to earn his place back in the team and I don’t think he’s ahead of Spoony, Kennedy or Nydam right now and rightly so. Competition is healthy and when you look and see the likes of McMillan can’t get a game, you begin to see just how important it is for a team to remain as unaltered as possible whilst you’re winning. 

27 minutes ago, Widge said:

I don’t get the calls for Swanson to start. I don’t think anyone deserves to be dropped right now and he was very effective off the bench against Hibs. He’s got to earn his place back in the team and I don’t think he’s ahead of Spoony, Kennedy or Nydam right now and rightly so. Competition is healthy and when you look and see the likes of McMillan can’t get a game, you begin to see just how important it is for a team to remain as unaltered as possible whilst you’re winning. 

I agree with the principle of not changing a winning team, but we've done it every match during this run!

I think its good to make small changes to the team. Avoids players from injuries from over playing and it adds pressure to players performances knowing if they have a bad game they could be dropped and struggle to get back in the squad. It s the first time in a long time we have had this much competition for places. Shows the depth in our squad

6 hours ago, Widge said:

So you wouldn’t put Murray Davidson straight back in?

I've gone for 5-0 in the Prediction League. I don't think I've ever done that before. But I just have a feeling that this team came together at the transfer window and it's new, with a new way of playing, and it's starting to gel. I can't help thinking it's all going to come right sometime soon, and when it does we could be devastating.

Tough game, too much attention on ourself.  It doesnt feel right... a tad uncomfortable.

we'll get kicked all over the park, going to be a tough watch I feel.  

Could be an early red card for us, beat 1-0 on a dodgy pen.  Any team can beat any team in this league.  

But I'll take any manner of a win.

13 hours ago, double deluxe said:

So you wouldn’t put Murray Davidson straight back in?

No i would because he’s a far better player than Callachan. Who didn’t contribute anything against Hibs despite being decent, I wouldn’t say he directly influenced the game. Whereas all the attacking players mentioned offered something in recent weeks, wether it be goals, assists or willingness to shoot and have all played well. Hence why right now they are ahead of Swanson. 

Davidson would return on merit of being one of our best players this season and making a visible difference when he plays. Swanson isn’t in that same bracket this season, yet I might add. His non-involvement hasn’t impacted us. Murray’s did to an extent. 

Great opportunity for us tomorrow. This is a very winnable game and quite incredible when you consider how down we all were a few weeks back after that Celtic mauling.

I think we will win this if only because of the confidence in the team after our run. I see Muzz coming back in but team  along the lines of last weeks game. 

If we were to get another win I would really like to see the club push more publicity about getting fans back to McD after this winning run; we have Killie in a a couple of weeks and this is the sort of game we should be slashing prices to get fans back - Killie are travelling in droves on the back of their resurgent form over the last two years. Sadly I foresee another deafening silence from our PR machine.

19 hours ago, sleepless said:

I've gone for 5-0 in the Prediction League. I don't think I've ever done that before. But I just have a feeling that this team came together at the transfer window and it's new, with a new way of playing, and it's starting to gel. I can't help thinking it's all going to come right sometime soon, and when it does we could be devastating.

I would be happy with 1-0 tomorrow courtesy of a last minute own goal. Keep your 5-0 until 23rd December.

5 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Great opportunity for us tomorrow. This is a very winnable game and quite incredible when you consider how down we all were a few weeks back after that Celtic mauling.

I think we will win this if only because of the confidence in the team after our run. I see Muzz coming back in but team  along the lines of last weeks game. 

If we were to get another win I would really like to see the club push more publicity about getting fans back to McD after this winning run; we have Killie in a a couple of weeks and this is the sort of game we should be slashing prices to get fans back - Killie are travelling in droves on the back of their resurgent form over the last two years. Sadly I foresee another deafening silence from our PR machine.

The best marketing is a winning team -and we are that.

If numbers are poor tomorrow, there requires a deeper self reflection from supporters rather than simply blaming club marketing. 

If hertz win or draw and we win we go third till Sunday's games! Think we are on a roll and looking like a hungry team again and think we will keep the run going as we are just a far better team than Hamilton, always sticks with me the way canning and his sidekicks ran on to help get Swanson and bad boy foster sent off in the infamous game, not that they they were not going anyway but pure tossbaggery

Expecting a loss. Not because we're poor, but because winning five in a row doesnt sound St Johnstone-y, whereas losing at home when we're favourites does.

Not sure where I stand on the "keep the same squad/mix it up" debate. All I know is Murray Davidson has to come in to the starting line up.

Not sure how it worked away to Accies, maybe end up with a similar idea with McMillan back in beside Watt.