SJFC magazine

glenrothes saintee

Good God. Agree with @garydavidson wtf???? Someone's on magic mushies. Is this what the marketing person/ interstellar space oddity came up with??? This is a joke. Please say it is. We've had whacky stuff in the past like GB's jockey stuff, cardboard fan cut-outs, Scougall getting abducted,  but I'd suggest it is a 1 episode epic .... crap. Sort out the website, get decent stuff on there.... ffs Saints.  Appalling. 

Guest ScottMann

If you'd be interested in contributing to SJFC Magazine or would like to suggest ideas for content you'd like to see in the next issue, email Gary Henderson on garyhenderson@perthsaints.co.uk.

GARY'S ALIVE!!!

32 minutes ago, ScottMann said:

If you'd be interested in contributing to SJFC Magazine or would like to suggest ideas for content you'd like to see in the next issue, email Gary Henderson on garyhenderson@perthsaints.co.uk.

GARY'S ALIVE!!!

Who the fuq is Gary Henderson.go on introduce yourself.

I bought a copy lunchtime today.

While Gary should be applauded for attempting to revive the magazine and I agree with his editorial comments that he thinks programmes are important to match days, there is no hiding from the fact that this is very poor.

The programme on match days has nothing in it and this magazine is little better.

40 pages for a fiver.

Page 4 has a picture of Scougall which I suppose has novelty if nothing else.

You will read this in ten minutes and there is nothing in it that any Saints fan will not already know.

I wonder what the target market is, my first thoughts were it was aimed at kids, its certainly colourful and glossy, the adverts in it don t flow with that though as they are for Joiners, Jewellers and of course the big advert on back page for G S Brown.

Another way of looking at this is it's a bit of publicity for Saints while normally there is none. If you want any info online you have to go looking for it, whereas this is in your face on shop shelves in Perth and Perthshire.

There's a good thread on the go just now about ideas to better our crowd and attract people along.

If one wee guy goes into Nisa in Bankfoot with his mum and persuades her to buy a copy, then lo and behold persuades his dad to get off his backside and take her to a game, then it's a winner for me.

(Other gender/parenting scenarios are available).

Edited by cristo

Times change and things move on from the early nineties, when this would have been a good idea. From what is described, much of this content could be included in a (better) match programme, leaving then a focus for much more modern content, i.e. videos, social media, website. Stuff that is far more likely to promote engagement with supporters as well.

2 minutes ago, cristo said:

Another way of looking at this is it's a bit of publicity for Saints while normally there is none. If you want any info online you have to go looking for it, whereas this is in your face on shop shelves in Perth and Perthshire.

There's a good thread on the go just now about ideas to better our crowd and attract people along.

If one wee guy goes into Nisa in Bankfoot with his mum and persuades her to buy a copy, then lo and behold persuades his dad to get off his backside and take her to a game, then it's a winner for me.

(Other gender/parenting scenarios are available).

Some guy does Nisa in Bankfoot, with his mum, then a dad getting off on his backside? Bankfoot is... lively... 

Page 3 is purely a list of contents.

So many space fillers, an A to Z of Saints in the Community covers 4 pages for example.

2 pages about Youth development needs a full page picture of  Alistair Stevenson on one of the pages and another half page picture of him on the other page with a small piece of actual written content.

Agree, if a few kids but it and end up coming to games its maybe served a purpose.

For supporters looking for something interesting to read though, doesn't work for me. 

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Some guy does Nisa in Bankfoot, with his mum, then a dad getting off on his backside? Bankfoot is... lively... 

Say hi tae Kim .she works in nisa bankfoot .

Bank foot with sandy an Kim is a riot dude.

You should see the place after the bowls.

Nice wee mag .could be a collectors piece in years to come.i like the bit about the ex Man U fan .i bet all stories will be politically correct and sanitised.cant see it lasting long.

anyone want my copy complete with campus sticker on it .

bring back Wendy who .

Just now, slf said:

I agree.

the original and the best.for the fans and by the fans.

the original editors must be in there 60’s by now.so maybe some young dudes should take this up.

Aye.

write an article about the rise and disappearance of the fcu at the hands of the club.

or the blatant discrimination of searching auld duffers in the west stand at the recent Celtic match whilst not doing as rigorous a search in the other stands.dont believe the slo.

1 hour ago, Radford 72 said:

Times change and things move on from the early nineties, when this would have been a good idea. From what is described, much of this content could be included in a (better) match programme, leaving then a focus for much more modern content, i.e. videos, social media, website. Stuff that is far more likely to promote engagement with supporters as well.

Agree,don't think it will be a money maker especially when I doubt if they can include much that most Saints fans already know.

Maybe they are going to stop updating OS Oh wait !.