Saints v Kilmarnock 24/11/18 League Game 14

garydavidson

Still not sure how the flight of the ball hit the woodwork.  Looked destined postage stamp.  Two decent teams on show neither deserved to lose.  Better point for them being away from home but some form we are on, brilliant and another shut out.  Well done lads!

When you think of the press Hearts have had, that Livi had, Hibs always get it..  Aberdeen always talked up..  tight table, Hearts bubble has popped...  decent reading, seeing Dundee bottom.

20181124_190654.jpg

Edited by Dave H

3 minutes ago, Dave H said:

Still not sure how the flight of the ball hit the woodwork.  Looked destined postage stamp.  Two decent teams on show neither deserved to lose.  Better point for them being away from home but some form we are on, brilliant and another shut out.  Well done lads!

When you think of the press Hearts have had, that Livi had, Hibs always get it..  Aberdeen always talked up..  tight table, Hearts bubble has popped...  decent reading, seeing Dundee bottom.

20181124_190654.jpg

Next game is Hearts at home too, a Hearts team who just lost 2-0 to St Mirren..

As nil nil games go it was quite entertaining. Super save from Zander and great effort from Kennedy which would have been a contender for goal of the season had it gone in.

Kilmarnock had an extra man in midfield (Power) who was allowed time and space unchallenged time and time again. Thought we might have changed our shape in the second half to counter Killie.

I would have preferred McMillan was used in place of Kane, as his ability to get on the end of crosses is much better.

5 minutes ago, Jenko82 said:

As nil nil games go it was quite entertaining. Super save from Zander and great effort from Kennedy which would have been a contender for goal of the season had it gone in.

Kilmarnock had an extra man in midfield (Power) who was allowed time and space unchallenged time and time again. Thought we might have changed our shape in the second half to counter Killie.

I would have preferred McMillan was used in place of Kane, as his ability to get on the end of crosses is much better.

Totally agree,  really don't get Kane coming on when we have McMillan on the bench. He has offered very little when coming on recently. 

14 minutes ago, Jenko82 said:

They didn’t. Power and Dicker played in the middle against Davidson and Craig. It just seemed like they picked up every second ball constantly. 

Yes I'm a bit surprised at the way Kane has become immediate choice to come on ahead of McMillan, who must feel a bit hard done by.

Kane brings a lot of energy and workrate, and I can understand bringing him on if we're hanging onto a lead, to harry and pressure opponents, but McMillan offers more quality on the ball, and a goal threat for the likes of today when its level.

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

First half good. Second I think we sat too deep or maybe were pushed back when Jones came on & Mr Blobby went off.

Clark says they were the better team & created more chances. They had one shot on target against our 3 with one hitting woodwork & 2 just missing.

I thought they were the better team and were just one final pass away from creating some good chances. Shaded the midfield where Power and Dicker edged it over Craig and Muzz.

Like other posters have said, I thought Willie Miller's summary was miles off and I think most fans would have left feeling that is was a fairly open entertaining game.

Kerr and Tanser were the standouts for me.

6 hours ago, SlickDT said:

Willie Miller just described the game as poor, what an idiot, that was a very competitive game with two teams in form cancelling each other out. Quite enjoyed it and a draw probably fair.

I thought Jason Kerr was fantastic today. Best game I've seen from him in a saints shirt. Didn't once put a foot wrong and made several good challenges, blocks and interceptions. Tanser also impressed.

Another clean sheet and a team battling for the manager once again.

6 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Sportsound said it was nothing to write home about, not surprised fae them, be last game on again tomorrow. 

We all know you only get a job in the media if you support either Sellick or Sevco, so really unless you are playing either of them then I doubt very much if Saints and the rest will register any interest at all. 

Best just to get on with the day job and ignore the detractors who cares what the rest say/do we are Perth St Johnstone and we don’t care ;-)

5 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Have to be fairly happy with that. Killie are a decent side, that will cause problems. Clarke has always been a knob. Ignore him, another McCann. Good on you Saints.  Tanser reminds me of a young Steve Anderson.  Erratic,  but can play.

Tanser has never been erratic, one bad game against an unstoppable Celtic, but he’s far more consistent than Ando ever was,at 23, in fact at 32,

8 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

I thought they were the better team and were just one final pass away from creating some good chances. Shaded the midfield where Power and Dicker edged it over Craig and Muzz.

Like other posters have said, I thought Willie Miller's summary was miles off and I think most fans would have left feeling that is was a fairly open entertaining game.

Kerr and Tanser were the standouts for me.

Totally agree. Thought Killie looked good today and are a decent striker away from being a top side, although, Kerr was immense against what they did have. I don't think I remember anyone getting by him or him not winning the first ball.

I think Tommys logic for bringing Kane on was to chase them down so we didn't loose the game, rather than going to win it. Swanson was injured after his first touch, so really should have come off. Wotherspoon had the best game I've seen him have in a while, although looked dead on his feet at the end. 

Good point for both teams, similar set ups and standard, so can see both battling it out for a top 6 spot or both being in top 6.

Edited by TheYellowBox

7 hours ago, SlickDT said:

Willie Miller just described the game as poor, what an idiot, that was a very competitive game with two teams in form cancelling each other out. Quite enjoyed it and a draw probably fair.

I thought Jason Kerr was fantastic today. Best game I've seen from him in a saints shirt. Didn't once put a foot wrong and made several good challenges, blocks and interceptions. Tanser also impressed.

Another clean sheet and a team battling for the manager once again.

Willie Miller is only interested in the Famous along with the court jester Richard Gordon who was chuckling in the background when the report come on, used to think they were a breath or fresh air from the usual old firm apologists on sportsound, but they are just a pair of condescending dicks who think their mediocre team is still the great team they were in the eighties.

even game, we had more chances but felt they controlled more in the middle of the park but got away with a lot of fouls that should have been yellows, but collum just let them away with it in case he upset the media after his last game, again think macmillan should be on before Kane but give him his due some of the shoulder level high balls getting pinged at him he didn’t have a chance to control, when we do get it down we looked pretty slick going forward.

defence was good again and both centre halves put in a good shift and didn’t give media lovely “boydy” a sniff.

2 hours ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Willie Miller is only interested in the Famous along with the court jester Richard Gordon who was chuckling in the background when the report come on, used to think they were a breath or fresh air from the usual old firm apologists on sportsound, but they are just a pair of condescending dicks who think their mediocre team is still the great team they were in the eighties.

even game, we had more chances but felt they controlled more in the middle of the park but got away with a lot of fouls that should have been yellows, but collum just let them away with it in case he upset the media after his last game, again think macmillan should be on before Kane but give him his due some of the shoulder level high balls getting pinged at him he didn’t have a chance to control, when we do get it down we looked pretty slick going forward.

defence was good again and both centre halves put in a good shift and didn’t give media lovely “boydy” a sniff.

Agree with all of that except I would not want McMillan up front as a lone striker as we have tried that a couple of times but it is strange that probably per minutes on park he is our best striker in premiership games.

As for Boyd ,if he wasn't there Killie would have won…

As for his 2 attempts to flop for a penalty it was like an old man getting into bed.

38 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Agree with all of that except I would not want McMillan up front as a lone striker as we have tried that a couple of times but it is strange that probably per minutes on park he is our best striker in premiership games.

As for Boyd ,if he wasn't there Killie would have won…

As for his 2 attempts to flop for a penalty it was like an old man getting into bed.

McMillan is one of the top five strikers in the league in terms of "goals per minutes".

Watt is one of the top ten in terms of "expected assists"

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Sportscene discussed Boyd's flop but no mention of Boyd's assault on Kane in the box.

Just can’t bring themselves to give saints any credit, killie great team, great manager top six etc etc, st Johnstone happy to get a point from such a fixture and let’s ignore any positives, Motherwell three wins out of four fantastic, saints 5 on the bounce but against the poorer teams............ and the diddees are seemingly on a run now!! Couldn’t make it up but keep going under the radar and up the lot of them on the beeb, yesterday miller and Gordon today Stewart and Thompson.......