Scottish cup

dave mc

46 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Shite draw

No really.

.lets hire a bus tae Crieff ,get pished then head to the game.create an atmosphere by treating it like an away match.

dinnae go back tae the Crieff after the match unless 1/ ye live there or 2/ yer mad

.have a sesh in the perth toon efter.

Just now, slf said:

No really.

.lets hire a bus tae Crieff ,get pished then head to the game.create an atmosphere by treating it like an away match.

dinnae go back tae the Crieff after the match unless 1/ ye live there or 2/ yer mad

On the way back ye could stop in methven for a beer tae.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, 541ntees said:

if they asked me to pick the most boring draw this would be it. the excitement of the cup is ticking off venues youve not been to or playing teams youve not played for years

Or getting winnable ties (which this is) and going all the way to the final and winning it.  I'd prefer that to getting an away game to Brora Rangers in this round and then going out to one of the ugly sisters in the next round.

1 hour ago, jhq said:

Or getting winnable ties (which this is) and going all the way to the final and winning it.  I'd prefer that to getting an away game to Brora Rangers in this round and then going out to one of the ugly sisters in the next round.

Accies are a far harder opponent than Brora, which would also have been a much better trip.

We're equally likely to get Celtic or rangers in the next round whoever we play now. 

Would love to go far, but the odds on winning the Scottish cup are pretty slim, especially with Celtic's domination the past few seasons, so would like to have a few enjoyable draws along the way. And if we can go all the way to the later stages then even better.

18 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Accies are a far harder opponent than Brora, which would also have been a much better trip.

We're equally likely to get Celtic or rangers in the next round whoever we play now. 

Would love to go far, but the odds on winning the Scottish cup are pretty slim, especially with Celtic's domination the past few seasons, so would like to have a few enjoyable draws along the way. And if we can go all the way to the later stages then even better.

Yes Accies are a harder opponent than Brora.  My point is I would settle for 3 boring home draws if we got to the Semi that way.

Guest ScottMann

I would suggest that treating a game against a club that's in the same league as us as an easy tie is a sure way of not reaching the next round let alone getting to the later stages. 

1 hour ago, ScottMann said:

I would suggest that treating a game against a club that's in the same league as us as an easy tie is a sure way of not reaching the next round let alone getting to the later stages. 

Who said it was going to be easy?  

3 hours ago, jhq said:

Yes its winnable but surely there’s more chance of winning against lower league opposition 

On 11/24/2018 at 8:07 PM, slf said:

No really.

Heh hehehe. You should be on the telly

I hate when we are drawn against a team in our League 

We play those teams enough as it is and for me it's totally mind numbing and won't help attendance which we are trying to improve 

Added to this Hamilton is a bannanna skin game, one we will be expecting to win but anything but guaranteed, we will probably scrap to a win

I would much rather have an away day to a smaller team to one of the few grounds I have yet to visit due to new teams like Annan or teams like Dumbarton with new grounds 

Failing that a team from different league at home 

Hopefully the next round will provide something to get more excited about. Providing we beat Hamilton 

53 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I hate when we are drawn against a team in our League 

We play those teams enough as it is and for me it's totally mind numbing and won't help attendance which we are trying to improve 

Added to this Hamilton is a bannanna skin game, one we will be expecting to win but anything but guaranteed, we will probably scrap to a win

I would much rather have an away day to a smaller team to one of the few grounds I have yet to visit due to new teams like Annan or teams like Dumbarton with new grounds 

Failing that a team from different league at home 

Hopefully the next round will provide something to get more excited about. Providing we beat Hamilton 

Yes ,yes mr lark but hark you forgot to mention the cup top up.its braw

• 1 month later...