Scottish cup

dave mc

Getting the Celtic in the cup is just luck of the draw but the rescheduled game against Celtic to make it back to back  games is utter nonsense, did Saints get a say in that? Celtic have enough of a squad to rest players and field 3 separate teams against us, our boys will be knackered after first game.

1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Tic v valencia on 14th Feb, bound to have one eye on that. Might just help us. 

Would have preferred to play them after a Europa game.

Hope we travel with good support, and those who never make this trip for good reasons opt to support us this cup trip.  It's the 3 midweek games in the trot, beforehand that worries me and will we recover from niggles and knocks.

18 minutes ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Horrendous draw. Worst possible. They really are the dregs of humanity. Might just watch it on the telly. 

I never go there for league business.  Scottish Cup is different in my eyes, I'm going.  Hope others also make the exception.

Edited by Dave H

It's almost the worst draw we could have had. The worst one would have been Celtic at home. With nearly 5000 of their fans in a small ground it turns it into a big advantage for them, but at a half empty Celtic park there will be no atmosphere to speak of at all.

We were unbeaten in two games there last season, drawing both.

I completely understand Saints fans saying f**k going there, but the one good thing is we won't be just giving them money like normal, it's shared so benefits Saints as well.

I love the idea of Saints fans rallying round, making a day out of it in the city centre and getting right behind the team. As mentioned, their support will be poor and flat that day.  When you think back to 1800 pished up Saints fans at Dens and the atmosphere created, even half of that at Celtic could be brilliant. Would certainly be a lift for the players used to less than a 100 of us there.

Absolutely gutted when the draw came out, but f**k it we're stuck with it, might as well try to make something of it.  Every Saints fan that can go to this should try to get along.

Be good if the club offered first 4 buses free or something, try to drum up a bit of support. A couple of grand of our share of the gate/ tv money shouldn't be too big a hit.

Beat them at this stage and it's a clear path to Hampden :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

2 games in a week against Celtic including league cup.

3 games in 10 days against Celtic including Scottish cup.

What's the odds ?.

I am not sure if I am just imagining it but in the last few years our cup draws against same league opposition seem to coincided with also playing the same team in the league within a few days.