Drey Wright

Kilgour

Really bad news, best impact I have seen from a new signing for many a year.

Does this give Scougall a way back into the fold? You would imagine Swanson would be first pick to come into the team but it will be interesting to see if Scougall comes back into the reckoning now, or goes in January.

10 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Does this give Scougall a way back into the fold? You would imagine Swanson would be first pick to come into the team but it will be interesting to see if Scougall comes back into the reckoning now, or goes in January.

Based on Tommy's selections I think Spoony might be ahead of Danny. Scougall should be pushing for a place in the squad at least though.

Alternatively could Kennedy be put near the wing and Kane/McMillan start? 

Either way losing Drey is a major blow - excellent, consistent and entertaining player.

6 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

What a blow, he's looked great whenever I've seen him.

I wonder if Tommy might try to bring O'Halloran in on loan during the transfer window to cover us out wide for the second half of the season? Sounds like he's not getting much game time over there, from what I've read.

He's had a hamstring injury, according to their fans on their forum

1 hour ago, MrBored said:

Don't think anyone on the books can replace Drey.

Not sure if Swanson is fit as I think he has been carrying an injury & hurt his knee with his first attempt at goal on Saturday.

I think it might mean Scougall stays but playing number 10 & moving Kennedy back wide.

This is disappointing news but we need to keep a sense of perspective.Injuries are part and parcel of the game - Hearts have been dealt with huge blows which have derailed their season so we have to get on with it and hope someone steps up; let's be honest we have more depth than we have had for years. 

Like everyone I wish Dre a speedy recovery and match fit ready for the new season. 

Huge loss. Our best player this season.

If I was Ricky Forster I'd be gutted- a fantastic player to have in front of you. All round good at going forward and helping out defensively.

I really hope this gives Scougall the chance to push his way back into Tommy's plans. I still genuinely believe there is a great player for us in Scougall. I think Watt would benefit from having him in a central position.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

What a blow, he's looked great whenever I've seen him.

I wonder if Tommy might try to bring O'Halloran in on loan during the transfer window to cover us out wide for the second half of the season? Sounds like he's not getting much game time over there, from what I've read.

Leave him where he is

Hopefully a speedy recovery for Drey.

Safe to say he has been one of the most influential signings we have made in some time.

Our success so far this season can be attributed to the pace and potency down both wings and it is difficult to see how we set ourselves up to maintain the energy and pace we have had so far.

There is the option of play Swanson left and Spoony right. Or dropping kennedy back to play on the left with anyone of Swanson, McMillan or Scougall through the middle.  As has been mentioned above we have the squad depth but not the like for like replacement for Wright.

41 minutes ago, mainstand said:

One of these injuries that did not look that bad when it happened and then walking off along the touchline looked like he was going to be okay. 

Terrible luck and hopefully he gets a good pre season behind him so he is ready for european games at the start of next season:laugh:

The only clip of it on the highlights I saw he was getting carried by two people and only had one foot touching the ground?

Never saw what caused the actual injury was it just one of those ones that didn't look like anything?