Saints v Hearts 5th December

Havana Saint

21:29

Controversial penalty?

St Johsntone 2-2 Hearts

526f82e3-707f-4104-9b0c-7a29d696f613.jpg

Tyrone Smith

BBC Scotland at McDiarmid Park

I suspect more questions will be asked of referee Andrew Dallas after his decision to award Hearts a penalty. I also suspect Hearts manager Craig Levein is not going to be a happy man.

Damned BBC, I near shit myself there...

Deserved to win that, only team who actually wanted to play football, Hearts one of the ugliest teams I can remember seeing, eye bleeding stuff.

Dallas is horrendous, corner came in, gives a foul then doesn't give us a penalty.

Levein is a disgrace, was on the pitch before the whistle blew to get in the refs face, should probably look at himself for a failure to win instead.

Quite an entertaining game. Not sure how Clark managed to let the first one in....seemed to have it covered.

Hearts shot themselves in the foot with all the negative play, fouls etc. How Haring managed to stay on is a question. If they concentrated on the football rather than the dark arts they have a decent side.

The pen seemed on the dodgy side from where I was. 

Thought Gordon strolled through the second half as did Kerr, who is becoming more and more confident in his defending and use of the ball.

A poor result for us tonight. Hearts not playing well, on an awful run and with results going well around us, we could have been very close to the top points wise with a win.  Tough matches coming up as well.

We played some decent stuff in the first half, but the substitution at half time seemed to kill our momentum.  Plus hearts tried to kill the game and were sitting in and trying to waste time from 50 minutes onwards. Awful to lose two goals from crosses, especially after the same thing happened at Tynecastle. 

Their second goal Alston was beaten easily, then it looked a bit wreckless by Ricky to charge in and concede the foul.

Have to say up until his goal I was thinking what a typically shite Alston showing from wide midfield. Slow and cumbersome on the ball, jockeys players from miles away with no intention of winning the ball, and losing every header even to players a foot shorter.

But he does get goals occasionally and took it well.

We had lost our way second half, so,thank f**k for Dallas's guilt penalty award.

Liam and Muzz were okay but they sit so far behind the play when we attack that when their defenders win it, we're screaming for an attacking midfielder following in. That's one thing Alston does when he plays centrally.

Kennedy the stand out for me again attacking wise. Thought Kane did well when he came on. Don't think Watt is giving us too much at the minute to be honest, and his total greed in the first half when he was determined to shoot when he could have played one or two teammates in maybe shows his frustration.

Hope Tanser is fit for Saturday, as he's really looked quite an assured left back the past couple of months.

A very winnable game.  The Hearts defence was particularly pathetic first half and we were finding space with some neat passing and movement.

The desire, passion and workrate from the team this season has been exceptional.  The effort from midfield in the second half was great.  Only downside really was conceding from two crosses and Zander rooted for the second which looked a pretty standard ball into the box.

The run continues.  Special mention to the paltry number of fans tonight who sang brilliantly and backed the team. 

Onwards to Aberdeen....

Hearts came to frustrate, break up play and try to get a result. I think Tommy and the lads should take those tactics as a compliment to how we are playing just now.

Kerr was once again fantastic. Really turning into a great centre-back. Gordon also impressed again in the second half.

Another point on board, even though it feels like two points lost.