Saints v Hearts 5th December

Havana Saint

Alba confirms we were denied a stone wall penalty. Corner comes in, Davidson dragged down, Haring booked for fouling him, retake the corner.

I assume it'll be completely ignored by the BBC/Sportscene/every journalist, as Levein has decided to try and claim the headlines to distract from the abysmal football team hes built there.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Deserved to win that, only team who actually wanted to play football, Hearts one of the ugliest teams I can remember seeing, eye bleeding stuff.

Dallas is horrendous, corner came in, gives a foul then doesn't give us a penalty.

Levein is a disgrace, was on the pitch before the whistle blew to get in the refs face, should probably look at himself for a failure to win instead.

He didn't give us a foul for the corner he made us take the corner again. Says that he blew before the kick was taken. For which he could not give a pen. 

On the pen it looks soft on the twitter feed I saw just few mins ago but if you see the hearts players left hand he does pull it back after the player is going down

Levein is a nut case. Refusing to shake Tommy hand at the end. The guy should have a good long look at himself. 

Horrible night for football. What was on show is a credit to both teams. 2-2, great credibility and belief from us to cone from behind twice. 2 soft goals conceded.  Hearts did very little, how they scored 2 is a surprise.  A good shift, desire and patience from us looks good.  Still look dangerous everytime we go forward.  

Why do I hate refs so much, another wank performance. We were booted left right and centre.

Take a point, felt at 1-1 we could win it, but soft Hearts goal made a second half to score 2 goals a task too far. Credit though goes to all our fans and players.  Sense a belief in the ranks at the moment.

Edited by Dave H

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Alba confirms we were denied a stone wall penalty. Corner comes in, Davidson dragged down, Haring booked for fouling him, retake the corner

I guessed the infringement happened before the corner was taken.. what else could have it been.  Will be interesting to see it again. Shocker if the foul was after the corner had been taken though.

29 minutes ago, mainstand said:

He didn't give us a foul for the corner he made us take the corner again. Says that he blew before the kick was taken. For which he could not give a pen. 

22 minutes ago, Dave H said:

I guessed the infringement happened before the corner was taken.. what else could have it been.  Will be interesting to see it again. Shocker if the foul was after the corner had been taken though.

Ball had crossed the 16 yard line before he blew. Its a penalty. As soon as the balls kicked its "active" and any foul is a penalty.

Pretty decent result considering all the changes to the team and going a goal behind twice. Kennedy was great again.

Andrew Dallas was inept and frustrating in equal measure, however the nobber sitting in the central blue seat section in the east stand in around row P or Q (or there abouts) seat 120 ish, needs to have a word with themselves as throwing a hot cup of bovril on to the pitch was bang out of order as it could of hit any number of innocent supporters in the passing.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Ball had crossed the 16 yard line before he blew. Its a penalty. As soon as the balls kicked its "active" and any foul is a penalty.

Depends on when the foul took place. For a retake corner, the foul must have taken place before the ball was active. Doesn't matter when the whistle blows, its the timing of the foul and whether ball was active or not.  Tv hopefully shows it clearly.  Cant order a retake corner and a yellow card if the foul occurred when the ball is active. As we all thought, it's  surely a pen.  Stone waller in my eyes if ball was in play when foul committed.

Levein seen just after half time gesturing for his players to slow the game down.

They certainly did that , constantly disrupting the play with fouls.

How that Berra remained on the pitch is down to the ineptitude of Andrew Dallas.

1st half , think it was Watt that skinned him on the right and Berra grabbed his shirt , when that failed he attempted a trip but by that time Watt was outwith contact range.

When fouled our players got up , keen to get on with play.

When Hearts players were fouled , they rolled around in agony and had the physio on. Then took an eternity (timewasting) when the Ref. indicated play to resume.

A cynical bunch of cheats , just like their Manager , who could be seen harassing the 4th Official throughout.

A bad sportsman refusing to shake hands with Tommy at the end.

Losing two soft goals was disappointing but it's a measure of where are now that we came back and could have won the game; last year or the year before we lost goals inside 5 minutes and we could have went home there and then.

We were the better team no doubt but I think a draw was about right - If we had kept it tight until we found our feet we would have won that game in a canter.

Good team performance again - Zander looked a bit static for both goals though. Continue to be impressed with the hard working Craig, Kerr and Joe were excellent, Tanser gets better with every game - hope he is okay - special mention to Gordon who looked classy when he came on - never has a bad game - what a prospect. I hope Muzz's beard grows back in soon - the clean shaven version looks tame compared to his " Wild Man from Borneo " brother.

11 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

A poor result for us tonight. Hearts not playing well, on an awful run and with results going well around us, we could have been very close to the top points wise with a win.  Tough matches coming up as well.

We played some decent stuff in the first half, but the substitution at half time seemed to kill our momentum.  Plus hearts tried to kill the game and were sitting in and trying to waste time from 50 minutes onwards. Awful to lose two goals from crosses, especially after the same thing happened at Tynecastle. 

Their second goal Alston was beaten easily, then it looked a bit wreckless by Ricky to charge in and concede the foul.

Have to say up until his goal I was thinking what a typically shite Alston showing from wide midfield. Slow and cumbersome on the ball, jockeys players from miles away with no intention of winning the ball, and losing every header even to players a foot shorter.

But he does get goals occasionally and took it well.

We had lost our way second half, so,thank f**k for Dallas's guilt penalty award.

Liam and Muzz were okay but they sit so far behind the play when we attack that when their defenders win it, we're screaming for an attacking midfielder following in. That's one thing Alston does when he plays centrally.

Kennedy the stand out for me again attacking wise. Thought Kane did well when he came on. Don't think Watt is giving us too much at the minute to be honest, and his total greed in the first half when he was determined to shoot when he could have played one or two teammates in maybe shows his frustration.

Hope Tanser is fit for Saturday, as he's really looked quite an assured left back the past couple of months.

I think you're being very harsh on Alston and Watt.

Blair's first game back in a couple of months and he's straight in at wide midfield - tough shift at the best of times (and fitness).  Thought he read a couple of loose balls well and always offered himself for a pass and he did take his goal very well.  Was always going to look slow and tire easily.

Tony Watt again was fantastic, his hold up play is superb and his ability to beat a man whilst staying in complete control of the ball is Sanadza esq.  Agree that his long range effort in the first half was the wrong decision but over the years we've been screaming out for folk to just have a pop at goal.

surprised folk are complaining about Zander? the 1st looped way over him into the back post and the 2nd was a great whipped in ball that he couldnt come for

unsurprisingly sportscene only showed the saints pen which to be fair was one of the worst decisions ive ever seen but no sign of the corner/pen incident

7 minutes ago, 541ntees said:

surprised folk are complaining about Zander? the 1st looped way over him into the back post and the 2nd was a great whipped in ball that he couldnt come for

unsurprisingly sportscene only showed the saints pen which to be fair was one of the worst decisions ive ever seen but no sign of the corner/pen incident

Yeah, having seen the first goal on the TV, I can see that he wasn't at fault. The second was due to poor defending. Two Saints players trying to mark three Hearts players as the cross came in.

4 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Yeah but the crowd had reacted to the previous incident and it was almost like Dallas trying the square away not sending him off.

Or maybe he was trying to square away the non goal his father gave against us v Celtic in John Barnes' time.  Even the Celtic players were surprised.

9 hours ago, double deluxe said:

I think you're being very harsh on Alston and Watt.

Blair's first game back in a couple of months and he's straight in at wide midfield - tough shift at the best of times (and fitness).  Thought he read a couple of loose balls well and always offered himself for a pass and he did take his goal very well.  Was always going to look slow and tire easily.

Tony Watt again was fantastic, his hold up play is superb and his ability to beat a man whilst staying in complete control of the ball is Sanadza esq.  Agree that his long range effort in the first half was the wrong decision but over the years we've been screaming out for folk to just have a pop at goal.

Yes, hands up, a day later with hindsight that is a bit overly harsh.

Alston was steady enough, and took his goal really well. I must admit to being frustrated with Blair over a lot of the time he's been at Saints, up until a period of about a month or so this season when he was playing centre mid and was having a good impact on matches, prior to getting injured.  Apart from the occasional goal, i've often felt at times he's been content to just drift through a game cancelling out his opponent, but not having a major bearing on things.  Last night considering it was his first match back he did fine.

I think Tony Watt is an exceptionally talented player. Outside the old firm, he's easily up there with the better strikers in the league for me, in terms of his touch, hold up play and ability to turn his man.  I just feel the past couple of matches he hasn't been at the same high level of performance.  He has probably been up against a better quality of centre half to be fair, but his attacking threat has been a bit less. That's not to say there weren't any moments of good play for him last night, as there certainly were a few.