Havana Saint

Saints v Hearts 5th December

41 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Disappointing moments were 2 yellow cards for handball , which were unnecessary considering they occurred nowhere near our goal or box.

Never understood why a card is automatic for the slightest touch of the arm or hand., yet cynical & brutal challenges result in only a free kick.

Yeah , they didn't look too deliberate. Getting a booking for that but apparently you can kick a player as long as you don't injure them. I assume that is why Haring never got booked for taking the legs from Kane.

Got mixed up there Fosters was deliberate & down right stupid as both their goals were from punts into box.

Edited by Cagey

39 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Fosters was deliberate & down right stupid as both their goals were from punts into box.

I thought Fosters was a good hand ball, team booking.  The winger was onto it otherwise and would have had a clear run into the box.  I'd have done the same.

10 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Disappointing moments were 2 yellow cards for handball , which were unnecessary considering they occurred nowhere near our goal or box.

Never understood why a card is automatic for the slightest touch of the arm or hand., yet cynical & brutal challenges result in only a free kick.

I have to say Craig's yellow was fully merited as the Hearts guy was breaking away and at that time of the game the players are pretty exhausted it - was a dangerous moment.

11 hours ago, Dave H said:

I thought Fosters was a good hand ball, team booking.  The winger was onto it otherwise and would have had a clear run into the box.  I'd have done the same.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I have to say Craig's yellow was fully merited as the Hearts guy was breaking away and at that time of the game the players are pretty exhausted it - was a dangerous moment.

Worth mentioning their number 9 done the same in the first half, and got a free kick against him, but didn't get booked.

He was booked for a late tackle later on.