St Johnstone - A season to remember

saint-johns-toun

Great video and a great team - thanks for uploading! Sandy Clark takes a lot of stick from Saints fans (rightly in a lot of cases), but the way he unleashed Sturrock's solid defensive unit to become an entertaining attacking force was an absolute joy to behold. He was OK for a while after that too - but personally I think the wheels came off when the O'Boyle/Thomas scandal happened and he was never able to turn that round. I'd have to say that 98/99 team remains the best Saints team I've ever watched, although the Cup-winning side runs them very close.

Interesting comment above about the missing fans, because even back then we used to all complain about our crowds being rubbish. According to Wikipedia our average attendance in 1998/99 was just over 7,000, and yet that was the lowest in the league. We'd kill for that now.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Great video and a great team - thanks for uploading! Sandy Clark takes a lot of stick from Saints fans (rightly in a lot of cases), but the way he unleashed Sturrock's solid defensive unit to become an entertaining attacking force was an absolute joy to behold. He was OK for a while after that too - but personally I think the wheels came off when the O'Boyle/Thomas scandal happened and he was never able to turn that round. I'd have to say that 98/99 team remains the best Saints team I've ever watched, although the Cup-winning side runs them very close.

Interesting comment above about the missing fans, because even back then we used to all complain about our crowds being rubbish. According to Wikipedia our average attendance in 1998/99 was just over 7,000, and yet that was the lowest in the league. We'd kill for that now.

You obviously never saw Willies team then.